Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: what the frick  (Read 1235 times)

Timmothias

what the frick
« on: 21 Sep 2002, 19:23:15 »
heres the sitchee-ation:

i'm makin a new map. this new map includes some skyscrapers. one of these skyscrapers is a hospital. this hospital has a helipad about 40 m above the ground.this rooftop has a roadway placed on it. now, when i get my little helicopter and try to land on this roadway, calamity ensues. the helicopter soars really high in the air, which is pretty normal, because thats what it does when it meets higher terrain. but then, the helicopter pulls back without me doing anything and i have to start over. if i do get the helicopter to stay still above the rooftop, it won't lower altitude. i hold down the lower alt. button, and it goes lower, but the second i let go, wham, i'm back up in the air before i can say supercalifragilisticexpealidocious.

i'm assuming this is because of the placement of my roadway. does the roadway conflict with the geometry lod? i made my geom. lod, then copied the top face of the rooftop and pasted it into my roadway, so it should be in the right spot. by the way, this rooftop fits into the 50x50 limit i believe.

if i need to i can post the model on my website or attach it, so that someone with great wisdom can solve this problem. this is really gettin on my nerves, because i'm using this map to make a mission that will totally knock the socks off of every ofp player that exists (i hope) but i really wanted to insert on top of the roof with a blackhawk or something.

SFG

Re:what the frick
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2002, 01:14:19 »
Hm.. try moving it an inch or 2 higher then the geo lod top.

Timmothias

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2002, 02:20:37 »
unfortunately didnt work, but thats alright, i've given up on the roof insertion. thanks

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2002, 02:31:58 »
the only way i ever got a helo with ai to land on a roof was to put a invisible helo pad under the building

Timmothias

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2002, 03:49:53 »
no, this is a helicopter piloted by me. it wont land so that i may use the "get out" command.