Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: editing the ninja sword  (Read 1342 times)

BronzeEagle

editing the ninja sword
« on: 08 Jun 2004, 17:02:25 »
the ninja addon was released and to kill you use the default bis swing weapon command.  Is there any way that through a script or something you could get the sword to kill if it even touches someone?  Kinda like the chainsaw addon.  

DBR_ONIX

Re:editing the ninja sword
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2004, 20:27:31 »
Basicly, no :(
The chainsaw you needed to hold it on a person for ages..
And I think that was just a bunch of really short lived bullets (And weak, by the look of things) that would only get a chanche to travel the length of the blade..

Acctualy, I don't think that was how it was done... Maybe that can be be done?
I have no idea how the chainsaw worked

But, OFP really isn't a game that you could use blades of any kind in.. You ever tried walking up behind an enemy? They always notice you :(

Dunno if the short-lived bullet idea would work...?
- Ben

Offline Tier

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun 2004, 21:10:42 »
   I was messing around with these ninjas and was wondering what's the difference between strokefist and strokegun? I put them in an ammo box and got "Take Fist", "Take Strike",and "Take Hand Attack". Also does anyone know the magazine for Hand Attack?

Loup-Garou

« Reply #3 on: 08 Jun 2004, 21:30:29 »
StrokeGun -> Strike -> kills an enemy in about one hit
StrokeFist -> Fist -> kills an enemy in about five hits

BronzeEagle

« Reply #4 on: 08 Jun 2004, 23:12:42 »
if you want to test it out just arm your guy with stroke fist by putting it in like this addweapon "strokefist"; this addmagazine "strokefist" and the same with stroke gun.  You can report back to us on what you saw.  

Offline Tier

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jun 2004, 08:16:58 »
Thanks for the info on strokefist and strokegun. That explanes what "fist" and "strike" are. I also got something called "hands attack",but don't have ammo for it.
  Besides this strokefist and strokegun only work if I put them in a crate and not in the init field of a unit. I'm using version 1.96.

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #6 on: 09 Jun 2004, 11:01:13 »
I would do a similar thing to UKF's bayonette and script/animate it to swing and kill within proximity.......automatically, so to speak  :)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #7 on: 09 Jun 2004, 19:29:23 »
Hmm, dunno if I really like that :(
It works, I suppose.. Just seems a little "hold-your-hand"ish
I'm sure it would work.. But wheres the fun in sneaking up behind someone and the knife swing all by it's self??  ???
:P
But strokefist works with no weapon
Strokegun is when you have a weapon :)

- Ben