Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Googles in 1st person  (Read 1107 times)

DBR_ONIX

Googles in 1st person
« on: 13 Apr 2004, 21:54:25 »
Hey
You know the animated googles with people like BAS Deltas and Rangers..
Why, in first person, do you never see them!
Theres no point in raising/lowering them, aside from the MAH60 (Might be others), you cough/blink if you jump out without them on.
Then you might as well always have them on.

But.. if you acctualy see the googles on screen, and it impares you vission a little, you will want/need to take them off..

Could this be done with rcssrn command or somthing?

Cheers
- Ben

Korax

Re:Googles in 1st person
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2004, 23:55:44 »
Yep, but i think you mean Goggles and not googles (google is an online search engine   ;D)
I think I saw this done by some units a while back (bas soar pilots maybe?), where if you put on the goggles a darker shade would come over the screen in 1st person view, I'm not too sure how they did it though, I might be able to look into it though

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2004, 13:52:53 »
Opps.. Yeah.. Goggles :P
::)

Anyway, I might have a go at making the goggles screen, if I can remeber how to make alpha channels in Paint Shop Pro 6 (It can be done, I've managed before ;))

I'm not too sure about getting it in game (Something to do with description.ext I think)

Hmm, Google in 1st person... :P
- Ben

Offline Viking

• Members
  • NORSOF
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2004, 20:37:24 »
class Lowergoggles
{
   displayName="Lower Visor";
   position="axisvisor";
   radius=18100;
   condition="this animationPhase {goggles} < 0.5 && this animationPhase {ngoggles} < 0.1 && this == player";
   statement="this animate [{goggles}, 1]; this setObjectTexture [0,{\BAS_SOAR\cmn\visord.paa}]; this setObjectTexture [2,{\BAS_SOAR\cmn\visor.paa}]";

Thats how they do it ;)
That bit goes in with the rest of the goggles-animtaion stuff in the config.cpp...
Just thought you'd like to know ::)

PS: It's the SetObjectTexture bit, which means the visor bit has to be modelled on as some sort of an "eye-cover" to make te screen turn black when the texture is activated.
I think.....
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2004, 20:39:18 by Viking »
VIKING
Modeller/Skinner/Coder
NORFOR

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2004, 21:32:50 »
Hmmm..
What about a new config, with the bit
Code: [Select]
statement="this animate [{goggles}, 1]; this setObjectTexture [0,{\BAS_SOAR\cmn\visord.paa}]; this setObjectTexture [2,{\BAS_SOAR\cmn\visor.paa}]";
Add the command to put the picture over the screen, and in the pbo, with the picture and the ext file
Tada?

I'm not too sure about if I can make the picture in PSP6, but I'll try..
- Ben