Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What do I need??  (Read 1284 times)

TonicRage

What do I need??
« on: 20 Sep 2002, 23:22:53 »
 OK here my situation. I've created a real simple model of a tent. Now I want to add a texture to it. The problem: I searched through what textures that came with O2 light, but they all seem to be for the map, not actual textures for a model. So I drew out a real simple camo picture and saved it as a gif file, its 128 x 128 at 256 colors. I tried loading it through o2 light, but it says it can't convert Camo.gif to Camo.pac. Does anyone know what the problem is? Do I need to use a certain program to make the gif with? Or is there a place I can download textures that will work with O2 light?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:What do I need??
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2002, 03:00:25 »
You can load your gifs into Texview......available here:

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint/downloads5.html

Once loaded go to the Mipmap Menu and choose Generate, then save them as .pac or .paa.......whichever you need.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

TonicRage

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2002, 03:56:36 »
Is there a differnce? Between Paa and Pac?? What is it??

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2002, 09:46:17 »
.paa saves complete alpha channel settings. Meaning that you can have pretty advanced alpha channels, say windows and the likes, on a bigger texture.

.pac has the same opacity all over. 100% or 50% opacity.

.paa makes for a bit bigger files I think, (not completely sure here)

So, in conclusion.

For advanced alpha channels: use .paa
For plain old opaque textures: use .pac

Cheers
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"