Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Editing Weapon stats - which program is best?  (Read 1474 times)

Dunaden Shdw-Thn

Editing Weapon stats - which program is best?
« on: 18 Sep 2002, 20:02:33 »
For Resistance, which program is best for me to use to create new weapon stats?  I am trying to come up with a few different pistols and sidearms.  I have a friend who can handle the 3D work and I'd like to enter the ballistics info, etc to make them as realistic as possible based on the rounds.

1st one I want to do is a silenced 9mm Glock w/ laser site. ;D

Thanks for the help!

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
Re:Editing Weapon stats - which program is best?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2002, 20:51:11 »
Im not sure you can attach laser sights on to weapons, at least if you want it to work that is.

As for editing the weapon info, notepad is all you need.  Check out the Addons Editing boards for the specifics.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2002, 22:00:37 »
 G8 Mod has an HK with laser sight... haven't seen it ingame yet though ...... ;)  

And for editing weapon stats I'd have to agree with Icky there... I have this awesome program called notepad it really helps me with all kinds of .sqm .sqs and .cpp editing .. I don't know what I'd do without it  ::)  

You should be able to find it....  on your computer  :o

FlidMerchant

« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2002, 23:19:05 »
You also need de-pbo or another program to extract pbo files, and something to compile them with

Dunaden Shdw-Thn

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2002, 23:33:20 »
LOL - thanks for the sarcasm, canon fodder K.  ;D

Ok, I do have the .pbo extractors and compilers.  I've just never needed to modify my own weapons before.  I know they're scripted, but I thought I might need something more advanced than notepad ;) to do it.  Guess not.  Off to fiddle with weapons I go! :o

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2002, 23:25:05 »
Enjoy