Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Damn this isnt Gran Turismo  (Read 1259 times)

Dubieman

Damn this isnt Gran Turismo
« on: 12 Apr 2004, 20:24:20 »
Are there any vehicles out there with actual damage textures to the sides and front and back? Not just tires that dip into the ground and blown out windows.

Gran Turismo does this to, slam your car as much as you want and no, no damage comes to it. Even simple damage textures like those found in Streets of LA (a GTA game) are good. ::)
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2004, 20:25:06 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

blazer01

Re:d**n this isnt Gran Turismo
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2004, 01:34:54 »
Gran Turismo WOT A GAME GOT ALL 3  ;D ;D
  AND YA OFP ITS A WAR GAME M8 NOT A CAR GAME L 8) 8)

AND YES there IS  SUM OUT there WIF (damage textures )

LIKE http://www.ballistic-studios.com/ SUM GOOD ADDONS M8

Homefry31464

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2004, 04:29:26 »
AFAIK, there BAS's addons don't do what GuiltyRoachKilla is looking for (correct me if I'm wrong), but I think (emphasis on think) he is looking for something like when you crash, the model gets dented or you get scratches on your car.  I don't think anything like that has been done.

The farthest I've seen done so far is different glass textures, as in when the glass is destroyed, the glass will crack or something.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2004, 14:35:02 by Homefry »

blazer01

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2004, 23:36:31 »
well m8 tell you wot get Colin McRae Rally 3/or 4 ;D ;D

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2004, 20:13:00 »
I do have a colin McRae Rally for PC, its alright. Like I said though I would like to see cars get dents, scrathes, hoods off, doors hanging, doors off, roff caved in, etc.
I know I'm asking for a lot but that would really make those "soft targets" very cool.

You know you try to escape the NATO attack in your UAz that's missing a door and has a caved in roof maknig it hard to see in first person view.

In a way when vehicles are destroyed, they crumple in some ways that resemble roof cave ins, except for the car being all wrinkly.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2004, 20:14:44 by GuiltyRoachKilla »