Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Do all cameras have to be full screen or can they be in a dialog box?  (Read 556 times)

Javaman

and if they can be in a dialog box, any codes examples i can look at as to how its done.

i read when i did a search about using "forcemap' and put that into a dialog but there was no code exeample for me to read.

thanks
Javaman

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
not sure what you mean by dialog box, but if you mean letterbox, or "widescreen" effect when your "movie" is viewed:

showcinemaborder false

is the command to use, and when the movie ends and the camera is destroyed the black bars at top and bottom are removed and you are back to full screen

Javaman

It was late when i posted it sry...what i mean is making the camera in a dialog box thats say only 1/4 the size of the screen.
ex.upper left corner

Javaman

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
ok, honestly I have not played with dialog boxes, so I can't help here, but I'm sure someone can help, good luck

Korax

Simple answer: No.
Cant have camera's in dialogue boxes with the current engine limitations... And if it was at all possible I'm sure someone would have done it by now.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Simple answer: No.
Cant have camera's in dialogue boxes with the current engine limitations...

True, but you can cover up all of the screen w/dialogs,  EXCEPT a small box, so it would look like the camera was only a small portion of the screen. But you couldn't have two different cameras (one for the player's view and one from a camera) if that is what you're looking for.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!