Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cant explain in 5 words so please view post  (Read 1144 times)

Tango Down

Cant explain in 5 words so please view post
« on: 17 Apr 2004, 12:48:36 »
i was not sure where to put this in the forums because there is no area of which covers it but i beleive many players may understand and will be able to help e solve the problem. here i go, hope u follow me!

Some times when i am team leader and i select a medic or another other man by pressing the F keys a green circle appears round him and tells me the range to where he is in meters. even if he is out of site the circle appears where he is and i can find him. similarly objectives appear yellow and with a yellow box to tell me where to go...eg. kill sentries..etc...Also when i go to the map view my position is always shown and i can see exactly where i am and my men as they are shown as the little green cirlce and when they move they do on the map.

now on other occasions i dont now why it changes but al these points i have made dont appear. For example when i go to the map view the only way of finding my position is to find a feature like a building and find out where i am relativbe to that. To get to a waypoint i have to order my men to go there and i must follow which is very anoying. Basicaly there is no yellow box telling me where the objecive is and when i press the F keys to highlight a player no green cielce appears round them so i cannot find out where they are. This i find is very anoying as i always want to be able to follow my waypoints, now where i am on the map and now where my men are.

If you have understood what i am talking about and now how to rectify this problem i would be very greatful

thx

Offline SilentHunter

• Members
  • frozen leg'o'lamb (every gamers most loved weapon)
Re:Cant explain in 5 words so please view post
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2004, 12:57:18 »
Hi,

Basically the mode you described first is cadet mode, it displays all waypoints and positions on the map

The second is Veteran, how it would be in real life,

[size=4.5]NERDS HAVE FEELINGS TOO! [/size] [size=2.5]*adjusts glasses*[/size]

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2004, 13:05:06 »
This has been answered before.

Basically when you are playing a mission from the editor, it is in veteran mode, unless you change this.

In veteran mode you don't see these things.

I think, once you change to Cadet Mode all these things are visible.

To change to Cadet mode:

Go to Single Missions

Make sure you are in Cadet mode

Start a mission

Quit the mission

Go to the Mission Editor

You should now find these things are visible when playing in the Editor.

You need to do this each time you load OFP, because the Editor defaults to Veteran mode.

Planck
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2004, 13:05:45 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Tango Down

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2004, 17:21:08 »
thx il have a go

Sniper_Kyle

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2004, 01:22:35 »
Is there any way of implementing this no matter what difficulty you were in, say, for like a mod based in the future and there are satellites telling positions of ppl ???

PsyWarrior

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2004, 12:35:15 »
Greetings,

In "Command View", clicking on one of your units will display the green circle, even in Vet mode. Selecting them on an Fn key will not.

For waypoints, selecting "always display" in the waypoint window will display them on the map screen, even in Vet mode. It will not display them on the HUD.

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions

Black and White

« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2004, 00:35:31 »
yeah i get this problem too...
if you are going to do any mission editing just start a single map in cadet mode and everything should be sweet in the editor