Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Million Dollar Questions  (Read 496 times)

The_Lone_Pariah47

Million Dollar Questions
« on: 20 Apr 2004, 16:19:04 »
-Hey, do any of you guys know how to make a running soldier suddenly fall to the ground like he's been shot and killed?
-Are there any skilled OFP editors who know how to make Matrix style slow-mo falling sequences?
-How do I merge a cutscene into a mission?(Intro,Win and Lose)
-How do I play music files using a trigger instead of the radio.
-What does the option "switch" in Advanced Editor mode mean?
-How prevent enemy soldiers from firing on an unarmed prisoner (Might look funny but I don't want to go against the Geneva Conventions.)
-What about parachuting scripts? Can I make paratroopers jump out of a plane without the pilot following as well? I know of some ejection scripts that do just that and it's really unrealistic. I mean, for several seconds it looks real, but having a pilot in your spec-ops team afterward just takes away the thrill.
-Yeah, and how do you make soldiers exit from choppers at the "transport unload" waypoint you set instead of the pilot flying the helo in circles targeting enemy units for several irritating minutes before it sets them down.
If you've got answers to any of my questions, please send me a reply. Thanks.

« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2004, 16:20:24 by The_Lone_Pariah47 »

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
Re:Million Dollar Questions
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2004, 16:43:38 »
hey Pariah (if this is really your name) ;D

instead of giving you a detailed "how to", i'll tell ya what you should read/search for getting the exact answer...here we go:

- soldier suddenly fall down.....look the commands switchmove and/or playmove
- slomo falling sequence? nothing easier than that...check the settimeacc command
- depends on if you're making a SP or a MP map.....
- there are certainly some tutorials about this in the ED depot..did you checked that?
- i KNOW there's a switch trigger tutorial in the ED depot
- just make sure the pilot isn't in the same group with the paradropping units...there are tons of script snippets in the ED depot.
- choppers are tricky to manage them to do what you want them to do..thats why there are a lot of tut's a nd scripts in the ED depot..but make sure there's a H for the helo to land, he's not under attack and a few other things (just try to imagine, if YOU were the pilot of this chopper in real life, would you land there?)

But first of all, read some good tutes about the problems you have...there are plenty of excellent tutorials in the ED depot, covering most of your questions.

And...welcome to the Forums  ;D

Loup-Garou

Re:Million Dollar Questions
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2004, 16:47:03 »
Hi, The_Lone_Pariah47. Here's for you :

- For paratroopers, see my topic : http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=16376 (it's a little confused but it works perfectly  ;)).

- For prisoners : in the prisoner's init field put : this setCaptive true (if you want to prevent escape, link the prisonner to a trigger which cover the jail area : Activation : Vehicle, not present, On activation : prisoner1 setCaptive false). Don't forget to give a name to the prisoner (in the example : prisoner1).  I presume that you know about "removeAllWeapons this"  ;).

- Cutscenes, intro, outro : in each of these thing, put in the init field of a unit : [] exec "intro.sqs" (or "cutscene.sqs", or "outro.sqs", or "thenameyouwant.sqs). Put the files (text files with ".sqs") in your mission folder. See my topic (example of cutscene where two guys are talking) : http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=16481.

- Alas, I don't know anything about your first and your second question (perhaps search in the forum.... :-\).
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2004, 16:49:09 by Loup-Garou »