Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ARGHH! O2 crashes when entering texture mode  (Read 1089 times)

brsseb

ARGHH! O2 crashes when entering texture mode
« on: 18 Sep 2002, 17:14:02 »
Help, gotta situation here. Bad one. Suddenly, each and every time I try to enter texture mode (or try to but a background texture), the program crashes!! Strange, it worked fine two days ago

I just hit the A-key and after 1-2 sec i get a windows error that the program has crashed (Im using winxp, this errormessage is in win98 called "Your program have performed an illegal operation" or something.

Ive ran into the problem yesterday and I fixed it with reinstalling the program (deleted everything and installed, both viewer and o2). But not that wont work any more.

Help!

(Note: I assume some configfile had gone crazy therefore I did a clean install of O2+viewer. But I noticed that my program settings was stored eventhoug I deleted everything!! So there is a config-file somewhere else on my machine. But i found nothing in my XP user-data folder! Anyone know about where it might be?

brsseb

Re:ARGHH! O2 crashes when entering texture mode
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2002, 17:43:38 »
Hmm. Ok now it works again. And I dont know why.

The only thing I noticed that there was two versions of the dll-file Pal2Pac.dll. One was in the root of viewer, one in the O2-folder. So i copied the one from the O2 folder and overwrited the one in the root.

THEN everything worked. To find out it that was really the cause, i copied back the old original pal2pac file  to the root. But it still worked! EVEN more spookier.

Im wondering if the O2 has some "issues" with WinXP or something...

Offline PakoAry

• Members
Re:ARGHH! O2 crashes when entering texture mode
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2002, 00:24:47 »
I had a smilar problem and concluded from trial and error, that the cause was the name os dir I'd installed O2 files... I had them installed in ..\O2_light.

And, suspecting "_", or any other non letter/number char. could be the cause of the problem, I've renamed it (also in options) to ..\O2light and it stoped presenting the error and bailling out.

just in case someone else has the same problem.

té mais
Pako