Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Resource.cpp and crashes?  (Read 1098 times)

Zazoo

Resource.cpp and crashes?
« on: 03 Apr 2004, 13:14:12 »
I'm trying to add to and adjust some of the classes in the resource.bin/cpp file for a mod I'm working on. However whenever I run OFP with my resource.cpp in it's own mod\bin folder I get a crash to desktop.
At first I figured something was wrong with my classes/edits, so I removed them entirely but still I crash.

The resource.cpp I'm using as the template is the RES\BIN\Resource.bin file from my OFP game folder. I've converted it to cpp via the OFPManager program.

I guess I'm confused as to why this file would crash OFP when it hasn't even been edited? It's a straight convertion, no editing or changes whatsoever...?

Some of the other mod out there (ECP, FDF) use custom resource.cpp files, but I can't figure out for the life of me what the "key" thing is about theres that allows them to run while the one I have crashes (without ANY edits!  ???).

Any ideas?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
~Mike

Leone

Re:Resource.cpp and crashes?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2004, 13:46:51 »
Your conversion from BIN to CPP probably contains errors.

Offline Maatz

• Members
  • What are you lookin' at?
Re:Resource.cpp and crashes?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2004, 16:37:09 »
how can i change the bin to cpp? for editing stuff and so? can someone please help me with that? i need really help with that! i need it for my mod!