Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Newtons laws apply here  (Read 1060 times)

Dubieman

Newtons laws apply here
« on: 20 Mar 2004, 00:53:47 »
Anybody up for reformatting the vehicles physics or making a new vehicle pack?
 :-\
In game I've hit a Pv3S with a HMMV both going full speed and got bumped to the left in the collsion and niether took damage. Also I've had vehicles go into each other and appear to meld together before the tries "blow" out. :(

Anyone wanna fix the physics of thses awful crashing and bumping vehicles? Tanks are ok. ;D

Not sure if this can be done according to the game engine. :)

OrangeLeader

Re:Newtons laws apply here
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2004, 15:47:11 »
Well the thing with the "melding" of the vehicales is a fluck that happens in the game engine. The collision thing is there. I have been in likt a UAZ and got hit by a tank it bounced me back a couple feet. To me that is realistic for the OFP engine.

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2004, 18:17:33 »
You can't change the physics, they're part of the game engine :hmm: .
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2004, 18:18:19 by m21man »

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2004, 18:26:54 »
Actually to make it simpler if can be done, make it so cars have tank physics well sort of. Tanks can run alongside eah other and ram each other as much as they want and they act like real life vehicles would, just make cars and trucks do that.

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2004, 19:48:05 »
You can't change the physics, they're part of the game engine :hmm: .
Why do I have to repeat myself ::) :P ?
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2004, 19:48:29 by m21man »

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2004, 09:38:10 »
how about make vehicles blow up if they fall a long ways, i was on that stunt island witht he 500m dead drop, took a trabant off the edge(it blows up if you open the door wrong) and it landed without so much as a scratch on the bumper

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2004, 21:05:05 »
First tranbants don't blow up, they crumple. And I have to agree with you on the fact that vehicles should get damaged when falling from riduculous heights yet it is fun for now. :)

Hey if you have stunt island try throwing or driving diff vehicles/tanks off that huge mountain to the northwest, my BMP went under water for about 10 seconds... :o 8)

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2004, 08:48:12 »
try halo jumping from the space shuttle

my friend made a turbo script i tried to get it to work on that island but alas my knowledge is limited in scripting but you can nearly do 1000 foot jumps driving level imagine that ramp lol