Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: group assignment for new objects...?  (Read 1058 times)

stoppelhopser

group assignment for new objects...?
« on: 16 Sep 2002, 14:37:39 »
concerning soldier models, does anybody know what group i have to apply a backpack to so that ingame it stays at the right place (namely on the back!)? i added it to "body injury" but when i hit the ground ingame, it moves far into the body.

i am currently working on a ww2 german soldier model adn want to add all necessary equipment like the foldspade and gasmask can, mp40 ammo pouches and stuff whom without it would not be a realistic german landser!

what i already found out is that the new helmet i designed has to be added to the "hlava" group, and the fold spade i added to "lzadek". but how about the back?

maybe itÂ's just a language problem. is there any "dictionary" for the game engine related groups? or should i add a proxy for the equipment and assign that stuff via proxies?

brsseb

Re:group assignment for new objects...?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2002, 21:06:22 »
There is a snippet from a crech-english "dictonary" somewhere on this forum, i think...Or try Breathe forum.

The easiest thing to do if your are unsure of how to name/make a detail  is to download an unofficial addon that have this detail. Surf around and you`ll probably find something. Then extract the pbo and have a look at how that creator did it.