Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: defining things attached to soldiers........  (Read 1148 times)

monoloth69

defining things attached to soldiers........
« on: 31 Mar 2004, 03:52:19 »
Ok, I originally posted in BI Forums, and posted below is the extent of how well that has gone to date. Hope I aint breaking any rules by reposting it here, along with my only hit as far as a reply so far.  I am still having this trouble, even after making the holster into a proxy......got the dreaded p3dmagic error that time.

Do I add the holster to the section defined as the leg?  to the belt? make a new one?
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'(

THE FOLLOWING WAS COPIED AND REPOSTED HERE TO INCREASE MY CHANCES OF A GOOD REPLY

Ok, I am making unit addons, and I have all the basics covered.........except for 1

I created a holster, very realistic looking (IMHO), and in Bulldozer & O2 Lite, iot appears right where I placed it.on the belt on the right hand side.  However, when I pbo the addon, the holster is half in the ground, sort of following the unit around like its attached to a string.  I poured thru all of the posts in these forums, and the only 2 posts that I found that would havce helped, the authors had the same problem, then they found the fix on their own, and never bothered to go back and post the solution.  So if anyone can give me a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hehe u need to select holster and that part of body where holster is lets say Left leg and redefine and normalize that together. If u dont do that the holster do not know where should be in animations so its on the ground or in air  

--------------
OPF addon maker from www.natosoldier.com
http://freeweb.siol.net/mchide/index.htm

McHide[SV]  

Monoloth

Thanks for the reply Hide, but how do i do that?
I selected the holster, and the belt, then hit F5 (recalculate normals) but the same problem happened.  Am I doing this incorrectly?
What is redefine?  Is that where I name what I select as a new slection?  If so, does it need to be in Czech?

BTW, I have the radio doing this as well, the holster is named "holster", and the radio is named "radio", in english

After I select the two parts (example, the belt and the holster) do I make a new named selection for them?  If so what would I call it?

Sorry for all the apparently redundant questions, I just started out making Units, and they are quite a bit more complicated than buildings, islands, and maps  

Drakkhen

Re:defining things attached to soldiers........
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2004, 11:39:10 »
-First, make sure all the points and faces of your holster (and weapon proxy) don't belong to any selection group in any LOD.

-Next, if it's a body part attached holster, find the body part selection groups (there may be many according to this body part's dependencies) and add the holster to them all (redefine corresponding selection groups one by one).

(also make sure not to have any proxy dependencies in memory, etc...)