Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stretched objects ingame?  (Read 970 times)

monoloth69

Stretched objects ingame?
« on: 18 Mar 2004, 13:30:24 »
I am trying to add some basic things to my soldier model, baclava, holster, etc, and when i view them in bulldozer, they look fine
When I pbo the file anmd look at it in the game, the holster is all distorted, strectched out down to the ground thru his leg, and the baclava is the smae way, looks like the mask from Scary Movie.

Also, i cant get the weaps on the men ingame, is this a rpoxy issue?  Or a config issue?
I tried using an existing config, just changing it to use my model, but still no weps!

And YES!!!!!!
I have poured thru all the forums, all the posts, did all the searches..............seems like those that are able to make good soldier models are gleefully sitting on their secrets!

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
Re:Stretched objects ingame?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2004, 20:40:11 »
if you haven't figured it out yet, the polys that are stretching to the ground are not defiend, Every point has to be tagged so that the animations know what to do with them. Look at a demo soldier model or the international soldier to see what is tagged as what.

Also you probably are missing the proxies in the p3d.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2004, 20:41:18 by ebud »
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

monoloth69

Re:Stretched objects ingame?
« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2004, 22:49:59 »
Thanks ebud, that was the problem.  Somehow I had my holdter turned a tad inside out on itself (?) and it was making a mess.  Also got the gun problem figured out as well, thanks for the replay mate!