Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: World Ed on Windows ME  (Read 990 times)

DBR_ONIX

World Ed on Windows ME
« on: 12 Mar 2004, 23:29:24 »
[For anyone who doesn't want to read what I've just typed, heres a short version.. I don't like win xp, and WRPEdit wont work, I don't understand Visor, and it in the wrong lanuage.. Is there a world editng prob with a manual and work on win ME?
:)]
Hi..
I've been writing script/mission making for quite a while now (1 and a bit years I guess)
Anyway.. I want to start makign islans (Just simple ones, like a big flat thing covered in road for testing cars etc on etc until I get the hang of it)
I downloaded WRPEdit.. Installed it, and ran it (After doing what the first blah many pages of the manual said to do, like de-pbo o.pbo etc)
I can get to the main interface, but if I try to do anything, it crashes... I look at the manual or the site (It was a while back).. And it says it only works on win XP!! :tomato:
I then downloaded visor.. But I don't understand it in the slightest!! No manual, it's in checz, not sure about options.... ARGH!!!!!
:)

So, is there an island editor that will
1.) Work on windows ME (I'm getting windows 2000 for my new computer I'm building now.. But it won't be ready for a while :()
2.) Be understandable! WRPEdit was okay.. I got the files extracted, and option set.. Thanks to the manual.. But the thing wouln't work!!!

I don't want to buy win xp... It is far more than I can afford.. Also, I don't like it anyway.. I have used it on a few computers, IMHO, I hold's your hand too much.. As in "Click this button to start doing something simple, and windows will do everything half as good as you could do it your self on another OS"... Sure it's got lots of good security loop holes (Although it's the same with most of the win OS's. I think).. Uh.. I mean new features, like built in CD burning (Againg, far to simple for anyone but beggigners.. To which I think this feture is great.. But I prefer Roxio easy cd creator (You can choose between data/audio stuff, use a rw-cd as a floopy drive thing, make video-cd's.. It's good.. I only got it because Nero wounldn't take the CD key, I tried the one that came with it, a friends one, and a "univeral CD key (:o).. None worked!

Anyway.. Got a bit of the point there..
Where was it..
Ah yes.. Needs to work on windows ME, and be in English, with a manual.. Is that really so much to ask!! ;)

Anyway.. Thanks for your time!!  :-*
:P
- Ben

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:World Ed on Windows ME
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2004, 01:23:45 »
Well, I use WrpEdit, and I also use Windows Me.

In short, WrpEdit works very well with Windows Me......no problems.

Are you sure you aren't referring to WrpTool?

If so, get WrpEdit, it works ok with Me.

If you need a manual and tutorial for WrpEdit......try the Editors Depot.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2004, 10:49:14 »
Hmm.. I think I must have been either using a diff. prog.. But I think I was using an older version..

Thanks very much for your help!
:)
- Ben

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2004, 17:39:08 »
Yup.. WRPEdit works fine.. Must have been using WRPTool or something..
Opps
Anyway, the ofpec tutorials are good, and I've made one or two islands :)

Cheers Planck :)
- Ben