Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Patriot config.cpp (edit: Added picture)  (Read 1698 times)

BBE_GRUNT

Patriot config.cpp (edit: Added picture)
« on: 11 Mar 2004, 21:07:28 »
Hello there fellow editors,

I edited this message to bring up a very important set of questions.

1: I need to know if it's possible to create a script that will make the AI fire the patriot missile without having to aim the launch tube on the target. In real life the tubes can not move. the missile is fired and will find it's way to the target all by itself.

2: Proximity fuses, how to make them? The missile should explode when it's near the target. it shouldn't go for a head on. This Patriot is a PAC2 which is not designed for head-on hits.

Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2004, 15:15:07 by BBE_GRUNT »

Leone

Re:Patriot config.cpp
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2004, 04:47:24 »
cfgVehicles section.....the line is:

scope=private

This means it won't show up! Change it to public, or better yet change it to scope=2 (the defines up the top of the config....might as well use them).

BBE_GRUNT

Re:Patriot config.cpp
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2004, 17:00:44 »
Thanks that worked now I ran into another problem.. yeah I know I'm a n00b, but I'm learning from you guys :)

For some reason the patriot didn't have an editor icon and well, more things like the gunner position was screwed up... until I deleted HAWK's Nimitz addon and all seemed to work just fine!

Now if anyone could tell me how to change the config so it will actually work with the nimitz addon you'd do me a big favour :)

Thanks in advance guys, please help me out again  

« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2004, 00:02:30 by BBE_GRUNT »

Leone

Re:Patriot config.cpp (edit: Added picture)
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2004, 05:13:44 »
Icons are very easy to make. Just a little 32x32 .paa file will do the trick.

icon="\YOUR_PBO_NAME\YOUR_ICON_NAME.paa";

or even the most standard sort of thing:

icon="Unknown_Object";

will do fine. Try that first.

Ice Man 3:16

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2004, 07:24:15 »
hey, quick question

does it relly shoot down other missles??

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2004, 19:08:35 »
Theres about 2 tomahawk missiles out there :)
Looks cool

Good luck
- Ben

BBE_GRUNT

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2004, 19:27:43 »
hmm, got to check those out then, back on topic now:

What would be the best vehicle class for the patriot and how to make it work with the nimitz?
oh and just to be sure, another question ;)

Why is it the AI won't shoot?

[EDIT1] Fixed the vehicle class issue and the nimitz one.
[EDIT2] Fixed AI does not shoot issue.

New question:
Is it possible to have it engage air units that fly around 50-100 meters high without having to make the turret go up and down? as this would be very unrealistic.
I know a patriot wouldn't normaly engage low altitude targets but in OFP the AI usually flies at this hight :-/

« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2004, 20:38:22 by BBE_GRUNT »

Offline DesertFox

• Members
    • Bloody Days Mod Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2004, 14:19:20 »
I don't know special things about the problem, but from my (lacking) C++ knowledge I can tell you that it is possible that the defines at the beginning of the config are wrong, e.g. when the Nimitz-config says "define WHATEVER 2" and your config says "define WHATEVER 5", OFP gets has a problem.....so I'd prefer to try removing those "define"-numbers off the beginning of the config. BUT: it is very important not to use any number-defines under that classes-defines, so for example don't use "Side=2", you should use "side=Twest" or how that's called....try out!
(I hope you could understand what I mean... :-\)
DesertFox, Texturer of Bloody Days Mod

Leone

« Reply #8 on: 17 Mar 2004, 15:31:35 »
No, the defines are fine. Almost every addon has these exact same defines. They aren't the problem.....trust me  ;D

BBE_GRUNT

« Reply #9 on: 17 Mar 2004, 20:07:19 »
I will leave that problem for what it is right now and focus on something else.

I'll just post some new questions now ;)

The PAC2 patriot missile in real life, explodes when near the target. it's not designed for head-on impact. The missile I've created for OFP will just hit the aircraft head-on and will kill it like it's nothing. Now I know it's possible to have something called proximity fuses in OFP. Can anyone here please tell me how to make that work with the PAC2 missile?

Question 2:

more an O2 question..
We have 4 launch tubes but the missile always goes right thru the middle of em...
Is it possible to have multiple missile proxies?

oh and Leon, I'm concidering it, however I do want to get it to work just a wee bit better before I give it away.. Just want to have some fun and experience with it.
Learned a lot, mostly from you already.

Leone

« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2004, 03:36:39 »
Not a problem  ;D

I'll see what I can do about proximity fuses....get back to you on that v soon.

BBE_GRUNT

« Reply #11 on: 18 Mar 2004, 08:59:17 »
Thanks Leon, you're a great help.

Leone

« Reply #12 on: 18 Mar 2004, 13:20:16 »
Well I'm sort of a help. My scripter has said he can give you scripts in exchange for the patriot. His words not mine... :P But I can tell you that his proximity stuff works very well. Currently they are attached to a custom RPG that explode near air vehicles, with a nice little particle effect (when they miss, not when they hit....OFP takes care of that effect). Like I said, they are "custom" RPGs....for a specific mission. But anyway the proximity side of things works just fine.

Anyway I know its a bit of a poo, but script writers....they have such egos  ;) ;D Keep in touch...

BBE_GRUNT

« Reply #13 on: 18 Mar 2004, 13:31:31 »
Alright, I'm gonna pollish this addon up a bit more, right now the Patriot just got a little brother for the mid-range incoming crap. a HAWK system:

Shame he doesn't just want to help me :-/
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2004, 13:31:46 by BBE_GRUNT »

BBE_GRUNT

« Reply #14 on: 18 Mar 2004, 17:21:01 »
We decided to do the model all over. Just to make it more accurate, here's the result.

besides the proximity missiles I really need to know if there's a way to make the patriot fire at targets lower then 150 meters as it won't fire at them right now.

This is because of the angle of the launch tubes. Any ideas are welcome.

[/img]

« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2004, 18:18:02 by BBE_GRUNT »