Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Reticle Construction  (Read 1226 times)

Jaenak

Reticle Construction
« on: 28 Feb 2004, 08:12:51 »
Can anyone tell me specs and stuff concerning reticles for in game use?  I can construct an image, I need to now how large it's gotta be, file format, you know, stuff of the sort.  Thanks.

Offline DesertFox

• Members
    • Bloody Days Mod Homepage
Re:Reticle Construction
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2004, 16:36:35 »
Either my english is too bad or you don't point out the problem... So could you describe your problem a little better, please?
DesertFox, Texturer of Bloody Days Mod

Jaenak

« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2004, 19:54:17 »
The problem is I need to make a reticle for a weapon scope but I don't know the specifc settings that OFP needs in order to use the file.  I could probably figure out how to make the image overlay but things like what file type OFP needs it to be in order to be able to read the file and how big the image needs to be for OFP to use it are two things I don't know.  That and how to save it to the required file type if its anything too odd for a image editor.  Like I'm not sure if normal image editors know what a paa file type is.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2004, 22:07:44 »
OK you need to make a 32 bit tga file and convert it to .paa with texView

a 32 bit tga is basically a tga with an alpha channel.

The image size needs to be in a power of 2 (64 x 64, 128 x 128, 128 x 256, 256x256, 512x512)
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2004, 22:23:36 »
This tute is basically all you need to know.

http://www.baconbomb.com/modworks/tut_ofp_custom_optics.html