Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: maguire rig HELP  (Read 1195 times)

Offline cj525

• Members
maguire rig HELP
« on: 27 Feb 2004, 04:18:27 »
I'm trying to model a rope with cargo proxies to hold troops for a medvac or fast extraction from a forested area. I have a two part question.

1: Can I just add proxies to a rope?
I've tried this, now if this is the way to go then my config.cpp file is not set up right.

2: From the first question how do I config the cpp with  a rope with hard points, is it a vehicle or a building?

Any pointers would be helpful.

thanks

Leone

Re:maguire rig HELP
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2004, 04:31:33 »
Find a vehicle that has the sort of properties you want, then base your config from that.  :)

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2004, 05:24:33 »
Thanks for the tip on the config file. :)  

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2004, 23:24:06 »
well I used a heli config and it works. Now I would like to clean it up.

I got rid of the gunner and pilot lines in the config.cpp but in the game it still gives the option of getting in as gunner/pilot. How to I get rid of the "getin as gunner or pilot"  lines from the action menu but just keep the "get in back" and rename the "getin back" to "hookup".

Also is it possible to have the units assume a standing position once loaded onto the rope, instead of the standard sitting position?

I appreciate anybodies help.

thanks

Kaliyuga

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2004, 01:26:34 »
 You need these lines in your config.cpp and then you shouldn't be able to get in as those positions anymore..

hasDriver=0;
hasGunner=0;
hasCommander=0;

as far as changing the text associated with "get in back" I don't think it's possible.. but I don't think its that big of a deal either ...  ;D

and for a standing proxy for cargo use this in your config.cpp

CargoAction ="ManActM2Gunner";

there are some other standing ones like  "ManActM1A1Commander" as well that you might want to try out..

:cheers:
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2004, 19:07:56 by Kaliyuga »

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2004, 02:42:21 »
Thanks for the reply. The maguire rigg works !!. Needs a bit of tweeking.

main prob right know is getting the player to "eject" off the rigg without getting killed on impact. I think I might play around with a dammage false setting.  

This works well on fast extraction missions.

Cheers ;D