Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Valve hammer Editor imported :)  (Read 2683 times)

Faculty

Valve hammer Editor imported :)
« on: 12 Sep 2002, 13:29:15 »
Ive mannaged to im port a model ive made in Valve's Hammer editor with success  into Gmax.:-D

But im not to sure wot to do then any1 can point me in the right direction would be greatfull.

Thanx

NoRSu

Re:Valve hammer Editor imported :)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2002, 20:13:12 »
I too have a WorldCraft made model in GMax, but I haven't got any further. I think you need full version of 3DS Max to save the GMax file into *.3ds that O2 can read it. I've tried some gmax to 3ds importers but O2 won't open them or if it opens them, model is screwed in O2.

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2002, 20:23:44 »
Try Deep Exploration, which is available on a 30day free trial.  It imports and exports file types so you can probably find one you can export, then alter into .3ds to use with O2.  I use Maya to make all my modeling, then use DE to alter into .3ds.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2002, 21:14:29 »
I too have a WorldCraft made model in GMax, but I haven't got any further. I think you need full version of 3DS Max to save the GMax file into *.3ds that O2 can read it. I've tried some gmax to 3ds importers but O2 won't open them or if it opens them, model is screwed in O2.

No such thing. I have both gmax and 3D Studio max. There's no correlation between the two programs.
Sorry.

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Eviscerator

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2002, 22:47:39 »
cs/halflife textures dont work in ofp, they are the wrong sizes, so a direct import wont work

NoRSu

« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2002, 23:19:14 »
I've tried DeepExploration but when I open the *.3ds in O2 it only shows that there are few faces in the model, but in DeepExploration it shows that everything is OK in the 3ds-file :-\. Yes you can't import any textures, that's why you should use white texture when making the model in WorldCraft.

FlipeR

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2002, 19:38:02 »
Who said, you cant import textures directly from CS? Just force-resize the texture to a size of power of 2 (ie 256x256, 512x512) and here you go ;D

FlipeR

Faculty

« Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2002, 20:28:31 »
Ok my Hammer editor model ive inported into Gmax i cant texture it the textures just go basic colours like blue or brown when i try to put a stone texture on it but when i make a box next to my object and put the same texture on it it works so it'ssomething to do with my hammer editor model anyone help me with this

thanx in Advance  :)

Eviscerator

« Reply #8 on: 13 Sep 2002, 21:51:14 »
i tried doing that fliper and the textures didnt fit the weapons anymore

Faculty

« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2002, 12:22:58 »
So can anyone help me with the textures or what coz i really wonna get em textured.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2002, 18:34:39 »
You asked the texture artist permission to use them?

Faculty

« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2002, 21:24:17 »
No i wonna know how to put my own textures on my NEw model coz when i add a texture it goes to a crappy colour and not my texture.

Commando

« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2002, 10:42:27 »
What about a counter-strike mod? Or maybe rainbow six or somekind of mix..