Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Night Time Bulldozer????  (Read 2136 times)

ofp..hahha

Night Time Bulldozer????
« on: 16 Sep 2002, 05:25:04 »
Ok guys I dont know what is wrong here but my bulldozer is during the night and i dont like it so how can i get it back to the regular thing i see with everyone else?

SFG

Re:Night Time Bulldozer????
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2002, 05:50:41 »
I had the same problem before, watch my tutorial.

Wolf

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2002, 19:38:58 »
I don't suppose you could simple tell us the answer, as that tutorial is to large to download on my 56k.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2002, 19:51:04 »
From what I remember.... of my problem when I set O2 up on my second machine...

1. Set up O2 as described in the readme and elsewhere
2. Any problems copy flashpoint.cfg from c:\operationflashopint\ folder and paste it over the same filename in bulldozer. (which should be in c:\ or d:\)

3. Right, this is where it got me, you have overwritten your config so you need to set -noland -window -dx back in the FILE -> OPTIONS section.

Try that....
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2002, 20:06:57 »
Also, see this.

Dunno if it will help.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Wolf

« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2002, 20:11:50 »
3. Right, this is where it got me, you have overwritten your config so you need to set -noland -window -dx back in the FILE -> OPTIONS section.

I don't understand what your saying here.

And Kotte, I tried that, like it suggests, and it does not work, and I have 1.46

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2002, 21:37:52 »
3. -noalnd -window -dx .....

Okay, lets imagine you are installing for the first time, you have downloaded O2 and viewer and have the ORIGINAL OFP COLD WAR CRISIS CD IN THE DRIVE. NOT RESISTANCE.

a. Unzip O2 into a directory, I use c:\games\ofp\oxygen but many people seem to use c:\o2light.   - Just pick a folder name it doesn't matter.

b. Unzip viewer into c:\      - thats the root directory of your drive. It must be here.

c. Double click O2 icon and agree to terms of agreement

d. Once you are in go to FILE -> OPTIONS and click on the window that appears. Select viewer and navigate through the windows until you can see bulldozer and click on it. It will now be selected as your default viewer.

e. Click on bulldozer and in the very bottom of the window there is a textbox. Here we enter the attributes with which we want bulldozer to run. We enter

-noland -window -dx

...and press enter. They should now appear to the right of the viewer in the top of the window.

f. Close O2 and re run it. Now either everything will run well or you will have a glide problem.

g. If you have a problem copy the flashpoint.cfg file from ..\operation flashpoint\ folder and paste it over the same filename that is found in the folder you installed bulldozer in. (I hope you placed it in c:\ so file to be overwritten is c:\flashpoint.cfg)

h. Now, we have just overwritten all our options in step g. so we have to set it up again. (At this point everything was black and it was looking for a borovice file). Make sure bulldozer is selected as the default viewer with the -noland -window -dx attributes.

i. Close O2 and restart.

If this doesn't work then please repost here - I think I have all the bases covered.

Good Luck
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Wolf

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2002, 00:15:05 »
ok, I had that all set up already, but you lost me a E.
If I click on Bulldozer, the program starts and loads emmediatly to the desert island, and there I can do nothing but look around, unless I had a model open in O2, then atleast I can look at the model, but at night. Which comes back to the problem at hand.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2002, 00:19:33 »
Go into O2.
There click on FILE then OPTIONS and a dialog box will appear
If you dont see
Exteranl Viewer      c:\buldozer.exe -noland -window -dx

you will get night time.

Click on exteral viewer and then in the bottom of the dialog box where it says value enter the  -noland -window -dx after the path of buldozer.exe

Click OK and close and restart O2
Albus Dumbledore

ofp..hahha

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2002, 04:59:17 »
I get an erroer message that says

Cannot create 3d device:
Adapter 0 [3dfx Voodoo3] Windowed
Resolution 801x586,format X8R8G8B8/D16,Refresh 0 Hz.
Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

I have already tried copying the flashpoint.cfg from my folder and putting it in the root drive C:\ but it still gives me the message anyone know what the problem is here?

vectordude

« Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2002, 09:06:14 »
what scousejedi worked for me and got me outa nighttime

i couldn't get bulldozer to work a few days back either but all you have to do is go to options, double click the external viewer, locate whereever ur bulldozer is..........could be ANYWHERE..........i put mine in the ofp folder but o well. then jus add -noland -window -dx

and it works......hopefully