Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Half-Life > O2!  (Read 1028 times)

DBR_ONIX

Half-Life > O2!
« on: 27 Apr 2004, 16:42:52 »
Hey all
I was trying a few times yesterday, and I have finaly managed to get half-life mdl files into O2, every time, no bother :)
But, I have a big problem.. Textures ;)

I can't find them, mainly because MultiEx commander won't open the .WAD files..
So, does anyone know where I can find them?

BTW, I will post how I mananged very soon (I don't like it when people work stuff out, and keep it to them selfs.. Its why the games industry isn't moving as fast as it could.. When someone makes a model, they should post it on a big central site, so other people can download it and use it in their games.. It would cut development times by months.. But what can you do.. Anyway, bit OT there ::))
It's not too complicated (It couldn't be if I worked it out :P), and only needs 2 programs (Well 1 if you already have the .mdl files :))

Sofar I've got the scientist zombie, the headcrab and the cross bow ingame, but no textures :(
Where can I find them?

Cheers
- Ben
BTW, if I release it (I'm not sure if I will, coz of copy right junk >:(), I'll credit you :)
Thanks!!

DBR_ONIX

Re:Half-Life > O2!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2004, 17:03:22 »
Heheheh
I got a few PM's and no one guess right :P
Anyway, I've uploaded the zip that contains a eg. pbo file (With the headcrab converted, still working on textures), and the tutorial (Txt file, with pictures in the pics folder)
I can't attach it coz it's too big (About 200KB)
So it's here www.dbrweb.co.uk/hl_2_ofp.zip

None of this is reall complicated, but I want everyone to understand this :)

Good luck with all your editing :)

- Ben
PS, if you find any thing wrong with this, plase PM or email, or even just post here with what is wrong, but check twice, it might just be a fluke that it didn't work. And if theres any typos, lemme know too.
It all should work fine though
PPS, I have all the files needed, so if anyone can't get hold of them, contact me on MSN, and I'll send them to you