Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Prob with Res Bridge  (Read 1652 times)

MadAussie

Prob with Res Bridge
« on: 16 Sep 2002, 07:47:23 »
Gday
This may seem silly..but when i get the bridge ingame with my island the AI vehicles wont drive across it..i used the default tab on all options (landscape, flags etc) and i even have the roads connected to it..anyone have an idea why or come across it yet?? Im thinking its in the cpp..
MadAussie out....

Nasty Buttler

Re:Prob with Res Bridge
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2002, 12:39:34 »
well just a quick question, do u have them on "SAFE"...
also do you have road on either end of the bridge, i found that helps with making sure the bridge works with AI, also make sure both ends of the bridge are slightly underground, that will stop them from missing the end of the bridge and driving into the water...

MadAussie

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2002, 04:15:02 »
Gday Nasty...
I tried what you said..bridge a little lower..i had roads connected..and units on 'safe' but still they wont go directly across bridge..!
I can now make a vehicle cross but it needs a new waypoint for each section of bridge.( five waypoints for me)
Is this normal...could it be a problem with overlapping bridge pieces?? Also if the 2nd waypoint is across other side of bridge the car does a u turn and heads back to find another way..FRUSTRATING. Also without waypoints on bridge the vehicle(s) get to it but turn around...Y Y Y  :(
Do i have to adjust the flags to make it a roadway or is the default good enough..if anyone can help i am willing to send my desert isle to show what ive done...and what ive done wrong ;)

MadAussie out...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2002, 21:59:24 »
I`ll have a look at it if you like MadAussie, can`t promise anything, but I`ll do my best.

mcnicoll7@yahoo.com

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

MadAussie

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2002, 08:17:16 »
Gday again fella's
Thanks planck..it is being sent as i type..if you can solve this i am in your debt ;)
If anyone can help us with this or have had similar problems this is the place to post it  :)
MadAussie out.....

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2002, 05:22:50 »
Check your hotmail MadAussie........I sent your file back now.

Planck

Nasty Buttler

« Reply #6 on: 21 Sep 2002, 12:04:31 »
after placing the bridges did u update flags??
i think that might be where u went wrong.
Make sure the entire map is selected when doin it, press the default button after clicking expert mode.....hopefully that should do it..

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 21 Sep 2002, 17:09:08 »
Actually Nasty ........if you select all the cells and press for default flags you will reset any cells you have set to other than default values.

For instance a bridge......The cells occupied by a bridge need to be set as a Roadway.  This is done in Expert mode.

If you then select all the cells and press for default flags you will reset the bridge cells back to default values i.e.  not a roadway.

So........If you want to set all the cells at default values, always remember, to reset any `special` cells again afterwards, and before saving.

Planck