Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Missing Addons in Missions!?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
Missing Addons in Missions!?
« on: 17 Feb 2004, 19:13:22 »
OK, I'm not sure, but I think this problem has started since I've been using BetaPatch 1.96.

When I start any mission I've recently downloaded (I think since BetaPatch1.96) I get an error "cannot load mission, missing addon...".  The mission still loads and plays OK (because I do have the needed addon).  I did some playing around with some of these recent missions and found that when I "UnPBO" them the addons are not listed under the addons header in the Mission.sqm file.  If, however I put the "unPBOed" file into my edit folder, then open it from the editor and resave it, the required addons are then added to the Mission.sqm!.  I can then "rePBO" the file and it plays without the irritating "missing addon..." message.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Is it a BetaPatch1.96 issue?  Any help would be appreciated because I do not like to have to run the editor on every mission I download that uses addons.

Iwesshome

Re:Missing Addons in Missions!?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2004, 19:37:38 »
I am sorry Raptorsaurus, but OFPEC does not provide technical support on this type of issue. Your question would be better suited for the Beta 1.96 Patch troubleshooting section over at the Official Forums.

I hope you find the answer you are looking for  ;)

IW

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2004, 03:28:25 »
I did not figure I'd get the solution here, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.  I'm not even sure if it has anything to do with BetaPatch1.96, that is why I posted my question.  If someone else has had this problem and agrees that it may relate to Patch1.96, then I would seek the appropriate forum.  Since the missions with which I've had these problems were downloaded from the OFPEC Mission Depot, I figured this would be good place to start with my investigation into this phenomenon.  So I ask again, has anyone else out there noticed this?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2004, 07:39:21 »
It's most likely an addon conflict. I get the same message every now and then. Try starting the game with a mod folder where there's only the addons which are needed to run the mission and nothing else.
Not all is lost.

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2004, 00:19:19 »
To be precise, a MOD is just what might be causing this, on top of other things. FDF mod has this issue with the bmp2 and old missions which do not contain the fdf bmp2 placed in the editor, or summot. This is the most common case I guess, as new versions roll in and missions stay the same.

The 2nd cause is as Artak said, addon conflict, or such an addon is used which doesn't leave a row of itself in the sqm. Addon vehicles which are created are such if I'm not mistaken. They would have to be entered manually.

The 3rd cause is mission makers who disregard the 2nd cause  ;D
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.