Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Half-Life to Flashpoint coversion  (Read 1900 times)

Extreme Studios

Half-Life to Flashpoint coversion
« on: 08 Feb 2004, 16:47:00 »
We have successfully converted a Half-Life SMD to a Flashpoint P3D. A tutorial will soon appear on our website. Post any questions about the topic to us here!

Before you ask ANYTHING you will need the following software:

Oxygen Light & Bulldozer  :hmm:
Anim8or
Milkshape 3D
Texview
Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:Half-Life to Flashpoint coversion
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2004, 17:02:33 »
You also need the permission of the original SMD author or game producer, depending on the EULA that Half-Life carries...
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Extreme Studios

« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2004, 17:47:44 »
Yeah i'm in the process of that now, but they're making themselves hard to find- it won't be released without their permission, don't worry.  ;)

F O X

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2004, 08:05:13 »
I'm working on some models which have parts from CS.  I have permission of the author to use in any otehr game that i want....and i want to get into ofp modeling....let me know who's interested.....ill send you some screen shots of the models im working on...
---FOX

Teryan

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2004, 19:19:34 »
Quick question:

Do you need to retxture when you go from Milk to Anim8tor to o2?  For example:  If i have a h/l modle and I have it in Milk with textures on it, then i export to anim8tor then to o2, would i half to retexture the modle in o2?

Thanks.

Extreme Studios

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2004, 20:18:09 »
Sorry, but this is now being kept under guard, since we have found ways to convert from other file formats. I can tell you that there is a way round retexturing the models, but you'll have to find that out yourselves. Really sorry, but we don't want people stealing our models off the internet. Join our team if you want to know the full story!!!