Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Some new toys for boys... and girls  (Read 44829 times)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:Some new toys for boys... and girls
« Reply #195 on: 26 Feb 2003, 03:23:45 »
 :o oh, and now that we talk additions... would a camo-chopper do?  :hmm:

P.S.  This is off course not army camo, it's rock & roll / cycle style camo! :afro:

=======

[mod: pic removed.]
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2003, 02:43:17 by Tomb »

supergruntsb78

« Reply #196 on: 26 Feb 2003, 14:54:18 »
i want them real bad now  :o

you are driving me insane with those screenies  >:(  :P
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2003, 14:54:48 by supergruntsb78 »

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #197 on: 26 Feb 2003, 20:23:01 »
dunno man, somehow - after having tried the camo bike ingame - I'm not so hooked on the idea.
An all green spray would prolly be better... after all, it's a civy addon, and some of the units already wear camo clothes (trousers, that is). An' I must confess that I never saw a real world camo chopper (at least I haven't seen it yet), only camo clothes - for bikers.

:) I've tried to make all bikes appear in a very individual style, also when it comes to small details like a guard, a case or even just a lid. And off course the all-over colors on frames & gastanks etc.

This (attached) is what I have in mind (to replace a camo bike). It ain't finished or anything.... it's just a demo_spray for now, but it will probably end up looking summit like that.  I just need to "hit" the right color(s) of green. :afro:

PS. I'm open for suggestions, as to wether it SHOULD be a camo bike or something like on this attached picture:

[mod: pic removed.]
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2003, 02:42:34 by Tomb »

asmodeus

« Reply #198 on: 26 Feb 2003, 23:20:35 »
I dunno if I missed it or something...... But do you have one with flames??   I know it's overused sometimes...  But I still think it's cool.   ::)

About that green paint job...  You're right, the color isn't workin..   ;)  How's about 2 color's of green?  1 "forest" dark green and 1 "lime" green to set off certain small details and/or parts?  

Oh well, I tried to help.   :P

Asmo

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #199 on: 27 Feb 2003, 01:06:46 »
well, [url removed]Final_Spray.jpg]THIS[/url] one is 'inflamed' allright  8)

If there should be two choppers with flames, they'd have to be very different from each other.
First, I'll try doing some more green painting in various schemes... we'll see  :)
And if it sucks, I will set the iron on fire. Flames are always cool, though its frikkin tough to add flames when the gas tank & frame + guard don't leave much room for details (the resolution is not too high, and on the gas tank it's VERY low unfortunately). But I do my best and I can live with it myself; in fact, I love them beasts - especially when riding some 160 on the highway... blowing up my headphones :toocool:  8) ;D

« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2003, 01:08:26 by Tomb »

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #200 on: 27 Feb 2003, 09:17:15 »
Well it was like this in regards to the gas tanks. I hadn't planned on the chopper as being a major release. But with Tomb's great assistance it will be a winner.
I could remap a bigger texture, but I think we will wait for the trike release, and I'll build a new bike or two as well.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #201 on: 27 Feb 2003, 15:31:08 »
yea, thats a good plan. Don't wanna risk adding anymore pages to this epic  :P ::) ;D
The "TMCM" is on the stairs now, Sefe will be able to work on the model from tonite or tomorrow, so I personally expect a release in....

( *ah well, let's be honest for once* )

....in about a week, max 12 days  :) ...and it COULD be 4 days  :D who knows?!
 :o You all know what to say when doing yer prayers tonight. No? well this is what:

(with a hypnotic lilt) :

*Hummmmm, Sefe, huummmmm, work, huummm, Sefe, hummm, work...*

;D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #202 on: 27 Feb 2003, 21:31:42 »
 Yeah that color of green ain't working for me either.... but better than the camo for sure .. ;)   Maybe more of a Kawasaki green would work... with white or black trim ....  or look at this bad :booty: paint job here:

http://www.extremepainting.com/images/bikes/cycletankfin.jpg

Glad you liked the idea to put the coppers in the rear view too ;D

I just realized what else this gang needs though...

a drunken midget in a sidecar ;)

This guy in my recording class was telling me how his brothers fraternity had a drunken midget and they'd carry him around to the pubs setting him up on the bar to drink.    

I could shrink the soldier model down a bit..  ;)

lol
:toocool:  :dude:

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #203 on: 27 Feb 2003, 23:19:25 »
 :-\ The current models don't allow us to add such detailled paintjobs, or I would of done so months ago.

It sure looks great (I already made a few similar tanks, but they'll be in "pack-II").  8)

As for the midget - cool idea, he could become fat bob's brother  ;D and as such, also for "pack-II"  :-*
I will save your thoughts on my hard drive, kali. Good ideas!

:afro: Right now I'm working on another version of the green chopper, a "joker-style" scheme :toocool:

Hold on, I'll show ya...

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #204 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:10:48 »
 :noo:  ;D I know some of you girls will hate me for this, but this is how it's gonna be...

MEET "SLIMEY-LIMY"  :moon: :thumbsup:

I love this pu**ycat!

===================================

P.S.   Don't worry, if doesn't wet yer camo thong, there'll be plenty of colors to choose between in the final PBO  :-*  8)

« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2003, 02:16:52 by Tomb »

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #205 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:39:23 »
one more pic.

Wires

« Reply #206 on: 28 Feb 2003, 02:52:07 »
That is one UGLY bike

Nice work  :beat:

asmodeus

« Reply #207 on: 28 Feb 2003, 03:04:34 »
That's better!   ;D

:thumbsup:

And Kali, that's exactly what I was thinking when I said "flames"..  just couldn't find the pics when I searched last night.  (was probably too tired)

I like this green!  

:cheers:

Asmo

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #208 on: 28 Feb 2003, 19:47:54 »
 ;D it is an ugly bike indeed. And thats exactly what I was after.
An alternative could of been a rusty "rat bike" or alike.... but this will do.

I actually saw one the other day, almost as ugly as this one, only the real thing was in flourish(?) orange colours.... very, very hard to look at without feeling any pain in yer eyes.  ;D but somehow theres something cool about it - dunno, maybe it's the fact that a beast like this is  :o something else :o
And no, it doesn't fit the OFP maps for a second  ::) ;D but thats the 'ugly' part of it all  8)
This is precisely the one bike I needed before sealing off "TMCM_1" and release it.
You must remember:

the TMCM is not a pack of "nice stuff", its a pack of mean, ugly, bad smelling trash from the gutters of society! :toocool:
Just need a few details, like removing the black paint from the guard (there's some black on the rearlight, you can see it on the pics up there too... ).

Morpheous

« Reply #209 on: 01 Mar 2003, 15:15:32 »
Totally wicked addon there Colonel (i promote you to a status of a General 8))
The textures are superb thumbs up to TOMB  :P

Cant wait to make some bad ass missions with these slick guys can you add like a radio in the car too i know how to do it i have seen it in missions too with car addons coming with a hi fi system installed  ;D I want Limp bizkits or Linkin park in the car  ::)

Go team go and make us the baddest (s-o-b-s) around in ofp one which even the marines from Frandsen fear and bAS deltas simply chicken out in their little birds at the sight of TCMC :o