Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cannot Load Object  (Read 2023 times)

SpclFrcsSnpr

Cannot Load Object
« on: 13 Sep 2002, 22:30:08 »
I built a cool new sniper rifle based on the m24 but silenced ;).
But when i try to use it ingame it tells me that the p3d cannot be loaded. Why? Can anyone tell me.

SpclFrcsSnpr

Re:Cannot Load Object
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2002, 07:53:47 »
Well I see everyone is as dumbfounded as me eh. Well I Guess its back to pullin hair out... :'(

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2002, 23:32:07 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

brsseb

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2002, 23:46:42 »
Hi. Im a totally newbie to addonmaking but I have a basic understanding of config-file editing. You say that OFP cant load the model, so are you sure that you have specified the right name/path for the model-file in the config-file?

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2002, 23:57:33 »
I am pretty sure but if you want to take a jab at I'll send it to you. I was thinking my cpp so I made diff ones and it still the same. What I need to know is If I did all I needed to On O2. Thats were my prob is comin from I think.

MikkoV

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2002, 10:04:05 »
OK. I see that you guys don't know that only OFP DEMO files can be loaded in o2.
That's becouse in full OFP, p3d's are MLOD type and o2 can't read those. So download OFP demo, unpack p3d's and try with them....

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2002, 20:43:24 »
Good news :D. I got my model ingame but I have a few bugs to work out. The textures I gotta fix cause they dont show up and the soldier holds it wrong. Posibly because It fairly long and the scope dont work or does the ammo.
Well atleast it somethin new. I guess I could get it done within a day.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2002, 20:52:54 »
OK. I see that you guys don't know that only OFP DEMO files can be loaded in o2.
That's becouse in full OFP, p3d's are MLOD type and o2 can't read those. So download OFP demo, unpack p3d's and try with them....

It's the other way around. The demo models are the only ones in MLOD format which is the only kind of p3d's that O2 can read.
ODOL is unreadable, and full-game models ;D

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"