Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Super Speed!!  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
Super Speed!!
« on: 24 Jan 2004, 05:57:04 »
Hi there!

I would like to power up and speed up a vehicle. So to make it gain high speed quickly and raise its speed limit. I thought it could be done from the the config file am I right? I tried playing around a little but I can't figure it out. Can someone give me a hint?

I would also like to make it powerful so it doesn't slow down too much in the up hills driving! ...Hehe! And also make it much smoother on the ground (not on roads) when driving. (Like a floating effect)

Can anyone help me on this one?
Many thanks in advance!!

crunch
Back to the forest!

Cpl. Vagabond

Re:Super Speed!!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2004, 13:19:56 »
yes, in the stats are in the config

maxSpeed=175;

look for that and just put it higher....yours might not be 175 but either way ur looking for the maxSpeed thingy

Rastavovich

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2004, 13:26:45 »
Well, there are several entries you can change, but as said the maxspeed is the most important.

Code: [Select]
class RAS_Racer2 : Mini
   {
      maxSpeed=250;

displayName="RAS_Racer2";
      nameSound="car";
      accuracy=0.50;
      armor=200;
      unitInfoType=UnitInfoShip;
      terrainCoef=1.05;
   };
this is the config of a tuned mini I made for myself. It runs like a maniac: Topspeed 192 kph, 0-100 in 5 seconds when I remember right. It also doesn't really slow down offroad.

BTW, there is a speed limit for cars, which depends on their weights (if I remember correctly).

Cpl. Vagabond

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2004, 13:29:05 »
i had a small glitch when i had an APC about aas heavy as jeep but super fast...it kinda...took off...hit a bump and just flew into the sky...my dropship couldn't even keep up with it

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2004, 01:28:00 »
Thanx guys! Though I have tried to change the MaxSpeed, it didn't work! I've raised it gradually up to 3000!!!! But the thing is as slow as it ever was!!!!!

I'll try playing with it again some more!

Thanx again!!
Back to the forest!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 06 Feb 2004, 22:29:53 »
Is it not something to do with the accelaration.. Your car could get up to 3000, it just took a while.. ;)
Maybe...
- Ben