Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need map  (Read 2371 times)

MattE

Need map
« on: 17 Jan 2004, 08:16:32 »
I'm looking for a map with 2 runways. Prefurably with one in the NE and one in the SW.

Any suggestions?

I WORK WITH 1.46! So please no resistance crap.

m21man

Re:Need map
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2004, 09:38:34 »
Malden has two, but you can only have one working runway on one island.

So please no resistance crap.
Resistance isn't crap, it improves CWC in virtually every way. Stop calling Resistance crap and go buy it for yourself. Nobody makes 1.46 addons anymore, because CWC is crap compared to Resistance. Not to mention that Resistance is incredibly cheap, and GOTY is pretty good too.

I WORK WITH 1.46!
Change this to "I'M TOO POOR TO AFFORD A YEAR-OLD EXPANSION PACK!".
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2004, 09:50:08 by m21man »

MattE

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2004, 10:05:01 »
First of all thanks for the help.

Secondly I know resistance isn't crap. Probably a poor choice of words but I wrote it because even when you say you are using 1.46 they still go on about resistance.

Thirdly, do you honestly think your so good just because you have res. I don't play the game enough to go out and but the expansion, but every few months or so I get an ofp craving. So if it's okay by you I'll go back to living my life (something you might want to look into getting yourself). Honestly mate you really have a problem if you get so worked up about a game.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2004, 13:50:48 »
Look man, I'm sick of every1 who's callin me a comp-geek just 'cause I like sitting in front of a comp, so don't blame us! We have a life just like you!

And resitance is soooo much worth it, I really mean it, it cost almost nothing and if you have a work(instead of me, gettin around 60 $/month) it wouldn't be too hard on your economy. If you don't like OFP this really much now, I'll promise you, you will like it a lot more after you've installed resitance.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2004, 16:02:56 »
Thirdly, do you honestly think your so good just because you have res.
I don't think I'm good. I think you are a cheapskate.

MattE

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2004, 02:09:41 »
Armstrong, sorry for saying you don't have a life. I know nothing about you. But what I was trying to say was that anybody who gets so hostile just because somebody says something thet don't like is pending way too much time in front of the computer. So Sorry.

I konw res is good. I don't need everybody telling me. I don't have much time for computers. I probably spend no more than an hour a week in front of one (excluding work of course). That's why I don't bother going out to buy res. I'm happy with the little time I have with 1.46.

So once again sorry - but not to m21man. You really do sound like a loser.

Cheers and also sorry to the moderators, this got a bit off topic.

m21man

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2004, 04:03:51 »
I probably spend no more than an hour a week in front of one (excluding work of course).
I play OFP for about an hour per week, and I mod for about three hours a week. Most of my time is spent doing school work, and the rest is spent with friends (And doing nada with computers).

You really do sound like a loser.
I'm happy, have lots of friends, and usually spend a grand total of 4 hours a week doing something with OFP. If that's being a loser, I think I'll stay a loser.

MattE

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2004, 05:41:07 »
Okay, sorry mate.

When I said I use it no more than one hour, I wasn't just talking about ofp I meant a computer in general. But that doesn't really matter.

I just finished school, rarely home and am between jobs, so I have no income and I'm a little irritated at that and the also that the place where I applied for work hasn't called me yet.

Anyways... Ofp is just a way for me to relax a little. So if I don't have res then that's my prob, and frankly I don't care if I have it or not. That doesn't give you any right to make assumptions about me, nor me make assumptions about you.

Promblem solved?

Cheers

m21man

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2004, 06:32:17 »
Yes, the first airstrip on Malden is on a little island to the northwest and the other airstrip is on the northeast area of the main island.

m21man

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2004, 06:34:50 »
That doesn't give you any right to make assumptions about me, nor me make assumptions about you.
Sorry, in my experience people who stick with CWC just are too lazy to get Res, but you seem different. I'm sorry for my comment, it was pretty stupid :P .
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2004, 06:35:23 by m21man »

0sniper0

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2004, 20:06:38 »
iv got cwc I did have res but it woz my m8. but I fined cwc good coz it works a hell of a lot better than res  ;D. still wont res though.  ::)

also. that second airstrip on that little island... I wouldn't call it a airstrip more a long strait bumpy bit of road.  :)

m21man

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2004, 21:53:18 »
Res worked fine on my old 400MHz. It isn't really that demanding if you adjust the settings ::) .

0sniper0

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jan 2004, 01:06:34 »
iv got a 1.2 ghz with a 64mb graf card. and it run a bit slow for me.

m21man

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jan 2004, 02:33:29 »
What settings are you using? I used 750 meter viewdistance and Very Low terrain detail, and it worked pretty well.

BTW - I had 384MB of RAM, that probably helped.

0sniper0

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jan 2004, 17:59:49 »
iv got 512 ram. but i did have the view up to 2000 odd and it was on medium  ::) so thats what done it.

<- what?? (speaks to person on the left)

oh yes the airport..............