Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addons locations?  (Read 1285 times)

mrshambler

Addons locations?
« on: 15 Sep 2002, 12:42:49 »
Just wondering, does it matter if i put my addons in the flashpoint "addons" or the "RES" addons folder? what is the dif?

I-RZ#

Re:Addons locations?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2002, 21:47:15 »
It depends if the add-on is for Resistance or normal OFP.

If it is for Resistance then put it in the /Res/AddOns/ folder as normal OFP will come up with an error.  If it's a non-Res game then don't put it there as you will then not be able to play it in normal OFP!

Hope this helps you. :)

mrshambler

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2002, 10:46:12 »
it does make sense what you are saying, thats what I would think to.. However I have an example I am sure of.

Red barons dodge challanger, I D/L the 1.75 version.. also flipers m4a1 v2.0(1.75) and both are in my regular opflash /addons  folder, everythingh is working perfect however a day ago I D/L a sound pack that canged most of the sounds and it didn't work untill I put it in the res / addons.

Well what I was wondering really is, would it be worth the time go through all my addons and put the once that are res in the res folder.. They seem to be working fine, just want to reasure myself :)  perhaps it's just a matter of prioerty, all files in the res addons may have a priorety or something?

I-RZ#

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2002, 18:29:11 »
You should be fine unless you consider playing the original Operation Flashpoint sometime, in other words it would be best to change the directories of the V1.75 add-ons. :)
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2002, 18:31:04 by [UW]I-RZ# »