Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Death, Destruction and Carnage!  (Read 731 times)

Lt.Shitkilla

Death, Destruction and Carnage!
« on: 05 Dec 2003, 12:54:40 »
i was looking round ofp.info earlier and saw a 45mm AT weapon and another picture showed the same weapon, but it had been destroyed and instead of just turning black like tanks in ofp do, the wheel fell off and there was pieces of the gun laying on the ground, it looked awesome! but i was wondering how did they achieve this effect? any help on this would be appreciated.

P.S. i think the MOD was called 'Liberation 1945'

thnx Lt. Shitkilla

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:Death, Destruction and Carnage!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2003, 19:02:09 »
i also have seen this little cannon but i think they just took the orignal model and modefied to look destroyed and added the little pieces but i could be wrong...

Lt.Shitkilla

« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2003, 13:14:28 »
i really didn't word my question right, what i want to do is, say i made an airplane, and when it's damage got to .75 or something, the rear of the plane separates from the cockpit, and the plane spirals towards earth, or to have a tank and when destroyed, the turret is blown off the rest of the tank.

is this possible? and if so could sum1 please either write a tut, or give me directions on how to achieve this.

Also, not related to this topic at all, could sum1 tell me how i could go about tmaking a ship that transports vehicles, in form of a script, config file, etc

Anton VonE

« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2003, 14:56:41 »
I hate saying 'no', because eventually somone innovative enough can figure out how to do anything with this game.

The turret thing is already done by Caucausus Crisis.

The AT weapon by Liberation 1945 is two seperate models. One is the playable weapon, and one is a destroyed weapon. It's all just for effect. Maybe if they wanted to they can script it so that when the gun gets destroyed it's replaced by the second model...but that's about as far as destrucion models go...

...unless you're willing to put some SERIOUS work into it.

Anton

Lt.Shitkilla

« Reply #4 on: 06 Dec 2003, 15:31:03 »
thnx anyway, this is exactly what i was asking for, it's just a pity, it'd add a lot better effects to ofp in the models are actually destroyed.

Lt. Shitkilla