Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 835 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Some questions
« on: 21 Nov 2003, 13:37:52 »
i've been following this tute:

http://www.dc3d.co.nz/Tutorials/cheyenne.htm

but modified it so i can use my plans i have... now the plans are legal size and TGA format - but i have  to problems with loading them as textures...

1. It won't let me load the textures from anywhere but the bulldozer file

2. They load as a grey texture - no lines, no plans, just all grey - the sample plans Klinkers gives you work fine - not sure what i've done wrong here.

any help?
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

sanam

Re:Some questions
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2003, 08:39:49 »
Ouuch. Nice Link, by the way.

Simple recommandations, I'm afraid:

-Is Buldozer working properly ? Try to load other stuff.

-Do not forget to put the texture in the addon's folder. There are other ways, but for Single-Usual-AddonMaking, I recommand this way.

-Is the folder at the root,  && the same root as the Bull ? Otherwise expect trouble. Once again, not mandatory but it's foolproof.

-Also not mandatory but safer: Use TexView to convert, it's a way to check your Texture after all, so why not ? Convert, && save @ the right place...        
Also, check the Option-menu in Oxygen, tick "autoconvert Gif&Tga": This way is NOT foolproof, but works for importing trouble-free textures.

-By sometimes, just GerOff O2 && fire it again. I swear that 1 times out ouf ten, it's curing the mess.

I say 1 out of ten, okay, I didn't say it WAS the cure for all of you out there crying after non-displaying textures.

usually, textures won't appear because:

1. Wrong size format
2. Ill-located file

3. AlphaChannel-mess or wrong type format, but this is more specific.
[/b]

Mostly I say.

Also check this topic for a funny view on my last misadventure regarding Texturing:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=14225
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2003, 13:26:42 by PeacePunk »

DeLiltMon

Re:Some questions
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2003, 09:45:04 »
If you don't have any joy with it, I can always take a look at it for you, I can't help but wonder if bulldozer can't handle them, as if they're the plans I think they are (purple monkey dishwasher ;)) then they are BIG  :-\