Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: txt2ase  (Read 861 times)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
txt2ase
« on: 25 Oct 2003, 20:01:36 »
Around half a year ago I started to play around a bit with WRPedit, never got anywhere though. Anyway, I thought I gave Visitor a shot now and I started just like with WRPedit to first make in Terragen, then Wilbur and then WRPedit. I saved the file as a .txt as I did with WRPedit but then I saw that Visitor only supported .ase files. So I found this tool, txt2ase, at ed depot but I have a small problem with it.

When I try to convert the file I get a message saying '0 -122.265' ist kein gültiger Gleitkommawert'. Hmmm... Sounds like german. Anyway, I click OK but the program won't go further than "Reading Data...". Any1 know what's wrong?

Thanks!

:beat: *gets Shot* :beat:

Re:txt2ase
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2003, 18:58:14 »
if you import your *.txt with wilbur be sure to set decimal places to 2 (lower left corner in wilbur dialog) the error you saw says x.xxx is not a valid floating point number and you have 3 digits where there should be 2. by the way i'm working on an upgrade to txt2ase which will feature more than just simple conversion.
also you might want to try wrptool instead of visitor or wrpedit which accepts wilbur files (with -n-o- digits) directly.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2003, 20:13:48 »
thx but,

"Fatal! unknown file format or heightfield is not 256*256"

The island is 256x256 so what's wrong?

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

EDIT: No, it was 256x257 but when I try to change the size in Wilbur it'll get completley blank. Just water.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2003, 20:16:48 by The real Armstrong »

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2003, 23:02:43 »
try using the heightfield manipulator my new tool and successor to txt2ase.
you can find it in the editors depot under pending submissions