Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Firing "missiles" from type 1 and 2 weapons: Possible?  (Read 872 times)

Baphomet

For funzies I'm doing a cpp mod of a gun to replicate the design of the futuristic uzi-cum-mini-rocketlauncher from the terminator 2 arcade shooter. I'm pretty sure now that it's not possible to make type 1 and 2 guns fire missile like projectiles that home in on things... should I assume the worst?

Any info would be appreciated.

Offline The_Mark

• Members
Re:Firing "missiles" from type 1 and 2 weapons: Possible?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2003, 18:20:01 »
I'm not sure if this works, but you can shoot missile-like projectiles, at least, grenades, from the primary weapon. If you can get the grenades homing, then, it should solve the problem.
Silent enim leges inter arma.

Baphomet

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2003, 22:34:22 »
Yeah... I attempted to define it as a homing weapon and it didn't work. So now it's just a really fast-flying, missile type thingy that does significantly smaller blast radius than your average hand grenade. Oh well.

I think only projectiles that operate under simulation="shotmissile" can home and such.

Grendel

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2003, 00:29:04 »
Anything is possible with scripting  ;)

if you're willing to wait, I can do up a script that fires
'homing missiles" using scripting and the drop command (I already have the conceptual ground work done on a script I did for The Real Armstrong)

-Grendel

Baphomet

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2003, 00:35:11 »
I'd definitely be interested in seeing how that works out. Take all the time you need. I'm not in any hurry in particular. Keep me posted on how things go with it.