Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Glass textures???  (Read 1753 times)

Offline WizzyWig

• Members
  • Mod Maker
    • Oblivion Promotions
Glass textures???
« on: 12 Aug 2003, 03:02:10 »
ok ive tryed so meany attempts now to get glass workign properly as all my attempts so far your able to see the other side but not the other units/building as all?? any help of should i just forget about glass in buildings

Teryan

Re:Glass textures???
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2003, 08:40:10 »
Humm, Souldn't all textures be the same?  They all should have an alpha channel (I think, i'm not expert), witch i think is white.

PaulRPG

« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2003, 15:11:08 »
mayby a light black wash?

swift88

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2003, 17:19:36 »
i presume you have made the actual glass transparent using photoshop or paintshop

Offline WizzyWig

• Members
  • Mod Maker
    • Oblivion Promotions
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2003, 08:44:56 »
yes i have glass you can look past the wall it just makes any thing behind it vanish

swift88

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2003, 19:32:30 »
have you made the sides double sided in the LOD1.000, because the polygons only face one side?

gundam007

« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2003, 18:16:49 »
Ok, take geometry LOD, copy all parts except the ones that are the glass, and make a new lod called viewgeometry. Paste them there

BigD102471

« Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2003, 21:19:46 »
Follow up qustion from a noob. :D What if you don't have Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro to do glass textures? Are there any other programs that do it as I have only one program(an old photo retouching prog called Foto Touch Color) that might do it if I fiddled with the selection effects bar for transparency but it doesn't have a visibility setting per se and therefore I'd hate to have to go through the trouble of making optics or window glass textures just to find out the texture is opaque anyway.

gundam007

« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2003, 03:55:59 »
you dont unless you have a program that supports either created transparency or alpha channels

Kaliyuga

« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2003, 04:04:54 »
 If you just need a glass texture i can send you one I have...

if its for an optic  Paint Shop Pro  or Adobe Photoshop are the only ones out there that I have personally come across for making optics..

(I used Photoshop)

You should check out your program and see if it supports alpha channels, because what you need more or less is to start with a completely transparent background and then build in layers off of that ..

BigD102471

« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2003, 23:45:05 »
Well those are good points and again strictly speaking I don't know whether it does or not. The prog I'm thinking about giving a serious shot with, as mentioned before doesn't have alpha channel adjustment settings, or transparency per se. All it has concerning the whole matter are two slider bars which adjust the opacity of a "layer" for lack of a better term, and the feathering of a cutout to be overlaid. This prog I would like to use was made back in '93 long before OFP came out, and I have used it in the past to succesfully mix images with transparency and feathering effects to hilarious degrees at times(i.e. a rather plump friend who wanted his head placed on the body of a rippled muscle comic book superhero in an image) ;D

I would however be appreciative of just a straight glass texture,Kaliyuga, as I have no idea where I could find one of those.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2003, 23:53:16 »
 here ya go ;)

BigD102471

« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2003, 00:10:49 »
Thanks a bunch, Kaliyuga.

Leone

« Reply #13 on: 28 Nov 2003, 18:37:03 »
Or you could just use one of the BIS ones.....there's a few in the game you know  ;D