Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 2 triggers 1 event  (Read 953 times)

Fisher

2 triggers 1 event
« on: 06 Oct 2003, 19:43:42 »
I was wandering if I could make a trigger that is set off by the player and when it gets set off a second trigger is innitialized and it makes game logic set off a cutscene.

Basically I dont understand scripted cameras so I want it so when the player reaches a certain point a game logic trigger is set off on a seperate part of the island. I dont know if I am making any sense?

thanks for your help.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:2 triggers 1 event
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2003, 19:54:12 »
What? What do you need a GL to turn on a cutscene for? You could use a standard trigger.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2003, 21:29:20 »
Firstly, learn scripted cameras - it's worth it.   It's not hard.   Start with snYpir's tutorial and then read messiah's - you need to read both of them.

Secondly, I undestand that before you do that you want your mission to work with at least a basic cutscene.  

Thirdly, as a general point you shouldn't use triggers to set off triggers.   If a whole bunch of things are supposed to happen when a trigger is fired, then they should all be linked to that trigger in some way.

Fourthly (at last) I'll answer your question directly.    Delete the second trigger.     Your first trigger should look like this

Activation:   as you like, player present or whatever
On activation:    cutscene=true

Now, you seem to have a gamelogic going through a sequence of waypoints to make the cutscene happen.   That's fine.    In the first one put this:-

Condition:   cutscene

The GL will stop at that waypoint until the variable cutscene is set to true by the trigger.

Alternatively, make the trigger type switch and synch it with the GL waypoint.   Then you don't need the variable.

Hope that helps.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Fisher

« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2003, 19:26:30 »
Thanks that helps a bunch

;) It was a stupid question. I dont think The real Armstrong understood my question.
What? What do you need a GL to turn on a cutscene for? You could use a standard trigger.

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2003, 21:54:48 »
Hmm...no, not a stupid question at all. A really stupid question would be something like: "Do birds have wings?" or "Will Arnold really terminate taxes if he becomes governor of 'Culleefornia'" ?  or "If I play OPFlash 100 hours a week, could I make it in the real army?"   ;D

As I learned, you may also want to add

cutscene=false

to your Init.sqs or any unit's Init. line.  ;)