Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Group Identity...  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Clue

• Members
    • Clue's OFP Page
Group Identity...
« on: 06 Oct 2003, 15:25:05 »
 In the recent mission "Facile Ground", the usual group identities (Alpha Black, Bravo Pink etc) had been altered to names like Guardian and the like. Can anyone shed some light on how this is done?
 I've had a look through the FAQ but I can only find reference to PapaBear and FireFly callsigns.
 Do the group ids have to have a colour as well as a callsign?

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my Arctic mission which I hope to release soon (once I've got my head around scripting an intro!)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Group Identity...
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2003, 16:27:50 »
It's easy - look at the command setGroupId in the online command reference in the Ed Depot - there are Comments listing the valid colours and codes.     If you specify a colour of 0 then you get no colour, so you could have a group "November" rather than "November blue".

As for Intro scripting, read snYpir's tute (can't remember the exact title) and then read messiah's camera.sqs tutorial.    Both are excellent.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2003, 16:33:39 »
Macca, I think he means putting a whole new groupid in his mission, like "Wacko Squad" or sumthin.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2003, 16:43:04 »
There's a tute on that, can't remember where or by whom though.

Offline Clue

• Members
    • Clue's OFP Page
« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2003, 18:09:14 »
 I browsed through all the tuorials in the editors section and couldn't find anything that would change the group name. Let me explain...

I am creating an Arctic mission. At the moment I have managed to change "PapaBear" to "PolarBear" and I was hoping I could get the player's character (currently "Alpha Black 1") to be called "Eskimo 1". Any ideas?

I have been working my way through the camera tutorials, but I'm new to scripting so it's going a bit slow!!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 06 Oct 2003, 21:21:28 »
I can't quite remember, but I think, I think you can have either Polar Bear or Eskimo1, but not both.   The special way you can change papa bear you can do for only one call sign per side per mission.  Or something.

So you're probably stuck.   It's one of these things that really annoy the mission designer but the mission player doesn't really notice, so I wouldn't get too bogged down in it.

The secret with learning camera scripting is to skip through snYpir's tute, then skip through messiah's so that you have an overview of what you are trying to do.   If you want a very simple camera script to copy nick one from the Tutorial Mission in the Editors Depot.    Stick at it, you'll get there soon enough.   ;)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2003, 00:31:54 »
its dos calssigns per mision :P - TUT by toady ;)

link 2 TUT http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=447

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta