Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sounds.  (Read 559 times)

MasterSniper

Sounds.
« on: 04 Oct 2003, 13:56:42 »
You know what would be good? A script that makes different members of the squad shout different things depending on the situation, class of soldier, skill of soldier etc.
These voices would obviously have to be custom.

You could have things like the CO shouting "Enemy contacts, left!" or "GET DOWN!".
And troops shouting "FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

What do you think? :)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Sounds.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2003, 15:29:11 »
we allready have "contact" (and with the o'clock system we now which direction) and "hit the dirt". But the fire in the hole is a good idea.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

MasterSniper

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2003, 16:23:30 »
What I'm saying is we need *good* sounds. I mean they just say "BMP, 2'o'clock,50". They should shout "HOLY S***, we've got a BMP, left!".

:)

Harkonin

« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2003, 07:50:12 »
Just make a trigger and edit the activation and throw a sound in - for example....

I use a east detected by west trigger thats set to repeatedly and I added  some sounds from Ghost Recon.

For injured use getdammage unitname >= whatever

and throw a sound in.

For more advanced effects like when under fire you'll need to use an eventhandler AND the knowsabout command.

If you want sounds when a certain weapon is launched use and eventhandler with "Fired" and the weaponname.

If you want specifics for the Detected you'll have to use a [%format,""] - don't quote me on that 1 I'm too tired to look up actual syntax but it should give you an idea of where to go about with it.