Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Music Volume  (Read 1184 times)

Tinky the target

Music Volume
« on: 25 Sep 2003, 21:27:12 »
Hey,

Was ewondering how to increase the volume of music that I have entered into a mission myself....by using the description extention file.

I noticed there is a db option.  which i assume was decibels...but changing that seems to make no difference.

Thanks for any help...once I've sorted this my mission should be just about done!! ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Music Volume
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2003, 22:28:17 »
fadesound and fademusic is the commands you're looking for, look em up in the command reference.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Tinky the target

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2003, 23:11:30 »
Thanks Armstrong...

But I take it that the fademusic command will stay active for the rest of the mission. since at the beginning I have an external piece of music playing, but about 2/3rds of the way through a piece of internal music plays.  now the external piece is almost slient without using the fademusic command, but i have a feeling the internal music will be deafening (since i had to set fademusic to full (5) to make the music hearable)...whereas the internal music is quite loud enough without fademusic...

if you understand that!! ;)

Is there another way of making it even louder BTW, as although it is loud enough...i would like it louder!!!! ;D

Thanks

Drozdov

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2003, 23:23:16 »
Try turning the volume knob up on your speakers...

If this isn't what you're wanting, try values greater than 5. You sure that 5 is full volume?

Tinky the target

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2003, 23:41:06 »
No, I went up the numbers from 1...6 and 7 didnt seem to make a difference so i assumed 5 is max.

If I turn up the speakers then the ambience and other music will be too loud!!

Tinky the target

« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2003, 23:44:51 »
It seems to max out at about 10...

-Omega-

« Reply #6 on: 01 Oct 2003, 22:54:22 »
...Why don't you use the fadeMusic command to crank the volume of the first song, and then make a trigger that will lower the fadeMusic variables at a certain point in your map (before the second song)?...

Dunno if it'll work for what you're doing...

Tinky the target

« Reply #7 on: 02 Oct 2003, 12:04:15 »
Thanks for the idea!

But what I was wondering now is whether I'm using this command right...

Tell me if I'm wrong but dont most things like this go from 0 to 1 (like setdamage1 is completely dead and like setdamage0.3 will do in legs and stuff).  So does fademusic go from 0-1?  

I mean I'm sure there is a difference above 1...

??? ??? ???

-Omega-

« Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2003, 23:35:38 »
I'm definately not too familiar with the fadeMusic command, but from reading posts of people who have had questions about it I've gathered a few things... sorry if it turns out to not be %100 accurate information, I havn't been able to test it all myself.

_variable1 fadeMusic _variable2

_variable1 = The time (in seconds) over which the command will take effect. (if you put in 20, over the next 20 seconds the volume will gradually change)

_variable2 = The change in volume. A number greater than one increases the volume, and a number less than one decreases it. From what I've read, it seems to go from between 0 (no music) to 5 (large volume increase). I'm not sure if the variable is relative to the current volume or not (meaning: if you set it to 1, I don't know if there will be no volume change, or if it will set the music to volume level 1).

So, based on all of this, if you use a script or the On Activation field of a trigger and put in:

10 fadeMusic 5

then it should gradually increase the music volume to max over 10 seconds.
Or, if you put in:

5 fadeMusic .1

it should gradually decrease the volume to a quiet level over 5 seconds.

0 fadeMusic 0

would be used to instantly turn the volume of the music off.

Hope that makes sense, helps you out, and isn't just repeating what you already know...   :)
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2003, 23:40:52 by -Omega- »

Tinky the target

« Reply #9 on: 03 Oct 2003, 00:07:42 »
Thanks for all the help (esp. Omega)...

I guess this is something that I'll have to just mess around with till I bodge the right thing and it works.
 ;D