Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Night textures on optics  (Read 845 times)

TMan10K

Night textures on optics
« on: 08 Oct 2003, 00:08:58 »
I know how to make my own optics, but what I would like to know is how to make something keep it's colour through the night in OFP.

If you take an optic with colour into OFP at night, it desaturates to show that it's dark (I guess), but I've seen on some addons, points that do not desaturate, and keep their colour no matter what time it is. (Simulating glow in the dark)

I would like to know how this is done, and is it possible to make the optic look different at night without having to use a different optic?
For example, A circle on the optic is for day, but at night, red crosshairs are added to help locate the circle more easily at night. Is this possible?

Thanks, TMan10K

VUSN042

Re:Night textures on optics
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2003, 09:09:10 »
You can do it by setting the lighting properties for the faces or vertices for those parts you want...

However, be aware that you would not see glowing/etc optics for real, looking through NVG.  There are a number of addons which feature that kind of effect, but in reality you don't see it that way when you're wearing NVG.

The default XMS correctly shows what the red-dot in the aimpoint sight will look like through NVG, just a black dot.

« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2003, 09:17:14 by VUSN042 »