Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Here I am again...  (Read 701 times)

MaxPredator

Here I am again...
« on: 05 Sep 2003, 19:55:25 »
Hi there...
this is the third message I post for my damn HMMWV. I'm only a newbie in addon making and this is my first addon.

I've still a problem I can't fix...
I've created an HMMWV with a turret mounted minigun as you probably read in this forum, but I can't solve an infamous bug: the wheels on the back don't touch ground!!!   ??? >:(
I've completed an M60 version and, to make the minigun one, I've only deleted the M60 and built the new weapon in its place. The first version works fine, while the second has the problem I descripted above. After some attempts I understood that it doesn't depend on the config.cpp file...so, what could be wrong with the p3d????? (the car is perfectly aligned with the oxygen grid). Is there something about mass and weight that I should know?

Could you help me?
Thanks
Cya next problem!

Rubble_Maker

Re:Here I am again...
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2003, 12:02:04 »
Could be a wrong center of gravity. Maybe its not exactly in the middile of the thing ?

MaxPredator

Re:Here I am again...
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2003, 13:07:45 »
I had an error in the Geometry LOD! When I've merged the M134 to the HMMWV's p3d I forgot to move the minigun in this lod...so, while in the 0.000 LOD the M134 seemed in the right position, in the geometry lod it was under the car, causing the wrong position of the center of gravity! I didn't know this thing about mass...Now I configured mass to 0 and the car flies! I only need to adjust this value and, finally, I can declare finished another version of the car...(I hope...I'me sure I'll have more problems  ::))

Thx Rubble... ;D