Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Player leave AI deleted.  (Read 540 times)

Offline GomerPyle

• Members
  • OFPEC rocks.....
Player leave AI deleted.
« on: 04 Sep 2003, 13:29:11 »
Hi all you awesome Scripters.

If someone know how to do this or they think its a good idea. I sure would like someone to make a script that deletes the ai which is created after a human player leaves/get kicked from a coop multiplayer game. Because that is a real pain...

Its no problem if you can get there to be automatically no AI on WEST for example. Even if you forget to take them off.

Looking forward to hearing from you good scripters....

Thank you very much....

GomerPyle [VS-UK Clan]
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2003, 13:35:45 by GomerPyle »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Re:Player leave AI deleted.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2003, 10:58:27 »
I dont quite understand what you are trying to get at ..

But wouldnt it be more benefficial to ask for "HELP" in making the script by yourself rather than asking for someone to make it for you ?

This is just my opinion but thast just me ;D

I have neer heard of AI being created when a player gets killed/leaves a COOP Map/Game - Does it takes the persons place or something

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Iwesshome

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2003, 18:21:58 »
Well what he is asking for I think... Lets say you and I are playing a MP game and you get booted for loosing your Internet connection. Now your character will automatically become an AI unit and what he wants is a way to have him die or be deleted if that happened.

Sorry but I dont know the answer  :-\
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2003, 21:26:02 by Iwesshome »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2003, 00:04:04 »
Yes but this doesnt happen in a normal MP Map though does it - at least i don think it does...

Why would you want to have it happen ?

I dont think there is a way to detect this feature in a MP Map - unless LCD, Macguba, KTotte or Kaliyuga prove me wrong ;D

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2003, 02:43:59 »
i aint MP scripter (nor is macca kali or KT) but mebe try using da player command 2 check dat ? if player is playin da unit den it shud return name of player or somin like dat ? if im not wrong deres array of players in every MP mision mebe u can check if da unit is in it ?

ull have 2 ask toadlife 4 dat ? mebe ?

mainly i think dis thread shud b moved 2 MP editing ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Unnamed

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2003, 17:10:20 »
Tactician added this comment to the DeleteVehicle command, in the OFPEC command reference at the Editors Depot:

Since this function will not delete a player unit, a useful multiplayer application is the removal of AI created by players leaving the game. If you run deleteVehicle for every playable soldier, the AI units will be removed. See tutorial section for more details.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2003, 17:10:34 by Unnamed »