Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Animations format?  (Read 1329 times)

mystic80

Animations format?
« on: 03 Sep 2003, 11:04:55 »
hi guys

I got this Motion capture thing in my school and I would like to know how to I port it to RTM? anyway for that?

thanks!

teaCup

Re:Animations format?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2003, 21:19:08 »
Search the "Intelligence Depot". There's a "File Formats" section, with a description of the file format by OfpInternals. Basicly, rtms contain 3x4 transformation matrices, it's not that comlicated. If your MC gear can output that (and i think it can)  you're in business..

mystic80

« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2003, 11:05:35 »
ya hi again. basically i do as wat u said im using 3D MAX to make the animation and save it as .x format which is directx. I have created a program that convert .x to RTM format. the algorithm works ok but when i combine wif the p3d file it turn out to be very different. the model was either squeeze up or it jus stretch like rubber band... if my program works i might consider distribute online.

teaCup

« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2003, 07:27:29 »
Hey, good luck with that. I know of at least one person on this forum who would like to be able to export animation from MAX, but i'm sure there's more.. Keep us posted, and if there's anything i can help you with, just holler.

Cheers

mystic80

« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2003, 10:24:42 »
well i suspect that its the translation are not correct that's y i got this very big model or something.

anyone knows the exact size of a model or something??? or anyone can port the model to 3DS MAX? Need it urgently to test out.

Marss911

« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2003, 08:27:17 »
It really sounds cool. To work with a animation capture suit.
But if you want to get a soldier model from OFP in 3ds max. you could try to open one from the OFP demo models.
If you dont got them i could try to provide one for you.
(If you want that model let me know by email marss911@hotmail.com)

The second thing you could do is email, or asking BIS how they did it. They also used a suit to capture there anims.

Regards
Marcel