Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Centering Map?  (Read 1286 times)

Mandible

Centering Map?
« on: 08 Sep 2002, 12:23:01 »
Hi,
Well, snYpir's tut explains it and it seems pretty easy: How to center your Island on the Map.
Well, the tut sais to select the area you want to center (Ctrl + Left Shift and drag) and export it into txt format. So I do, but when I want to reimport it, WRPedit crashes. I observed all the notes of the tut on how to do it.
When I export "select all cells" and import them it works, but I can't define the position correctely. It seems unlogical since the whole map is bigger than my selected area and thus taking more CPU Power to import ???
SO now I don't know if it's a CPU/Ram prob or a simple bug?

If anyone could answer and tell me I was stupid and did something wrong...

Second Question: If, somehow my first prob is solved, can I recenter my Map which contains already MANY objects, whith the objects remaining in the right place on the island.

P.S. : All thanks to snYpir for his great tutorial!  :D

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Centering Map?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2002, 17:47:55 »
Let us say for instance that the area you selected for export to a txt file was 100 cells X 100 cells.

When you come to Import the area you want it centered on your map

Now, the map is 256 X 256 cells.

The first cell is the bottom left corner (cell 0,0) to the bottom right corner (cell 0,255). Making 256 cells on the bottom row.

Next row begins (cell 1,0).....etc etc......till the top row (cell 255,0) to (cell 255,255)

When the requester for importing pops up you will need to type in the details:

Rect section:

This is the area you want you import to go to, it denotes the bottom left corner of the import area.

Approx ........Left:78.........Bottom:78

The Width and Height sections refer to the width and height in elevation points.

Basically, assuming you exported 100 X 100 cells, you will need to put 101 into each of these gadgets, because a grid of 100 X 100 cells equates to a grid of 101 X 101 elevation points.

The Num of Coord should read 3, as should the Elevat index.

The Decimal point should be set to a period ( . ).

I presume you are importing to a New blank map here.

Objects are NOT imported also, just the terrain.

Hope this helps.

Planck

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Mandible

Re:Centering Map?
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2002, 23:34:39 »
yeah, prob solved. somehow I'm not very good at math *dumb me*