Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Strange problem  (Read 698 times)

MaxPredator

Strange problem
« on: 04 Sep 2003, 14:17:06 »
Hi guys...
I've built a minigun on the turret of my HMMWV (I wrote a post about its muzzle flash bug and some turret problems...all solved) but I've still have two big problems. First: In the CfgWeapons section I wrote revolving="barrels"; revolving_axis="barrels_axis" but the barrels are static! Second: when the turret turns the HMMWV bends on a side!  ??? ;D
Often the wheels don't even touch ground!!!!  ??? ??? ???
Why?

Thx

Schlicki

Re:Strange problem
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2003, 16:26:18 »
The car bending is probably caused cause you selected parts of the vehicle while naming the parts of the gun. otherwise there could be no influence.

you sure that revolving thiingy is a real command? i've never seen that one before in any other addon.

to the wheels not touching the ground, in 02 the horizontal red line in the fron and side view indicate ground level, so if you want your wheels touching the ground you gotta move the vehicle down so that they do touch the red line. don't forget to readjust the other LODs!

MaxPredator

Re:Strange problem
« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2003, 19:24:07 »
I found the revolving command on another minigun addon...now I fixed the problem with another code and the barrels turn correctly (I need only to adjust the axis).

The wheels  don't touch the ground because the car is bending...now I'll check the selection.

Thank you for the help!!! :) :) :)