Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Visitor vs WRP  (Read 2876 times)

Waterman

Re:Visitor vs WRP
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2003, 21:02:40 »
well i havent notised nothing else better in visitor  than its easier to add obj in map nothing else, everything else suck like cam and error this error that and not paths in the addon folder like in wrp so its uncomplished crappy program thats my opinion and think can say something have worked long time islands ;)

spot on... Visitor isn't direct like WRPedit is.  You have go search for the textures, move them into a folder, blah blah... So much to do just to set up the damn thing... and its even in czech which isn't even a major world language... :-\

Since I've worked with WRPedit for so long (1 year), I can create islands almost as fast as I could in visitor if I knew how to use it...

This is just my opinion as I have said...

Waterman. :)

Offline Ottie

• Members
  • And you think this is personal
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2003, 16:31:08 »
The only thing i can conclude is that the people that are already working a year with wrpedit think wrpedit is better then visitor, is this a correct comparison, I think for the new island creators and you have to learn or wrpedit or visitor i think visitor wins 9 out of 10 times. The only difficulty is setting up visitor in the correct way if you understand this, it works perfectly and outmatches wrpedit.

If you can't beat them, buy them

Jakerod

« Reply #17 on: 16 Jul 2003, 17:13:29 »
Ive used WRP Edit since it first came out and i love visitor.  I can get everything done a lot quicker and more efficiently.

Offline scud

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jul 2003, 08:20:38 »
This is a quote from the readme file attached to Visitor
tutorial.

"General knowledge about Operation Flashpoint and Operation Flashpoint Addon making is required (how to make/extract PBO files, how to make a addon config files for example) and will not be covered in this tutorial. "

:-\general knowledge of addon making  (I feel a little pain between my ears having no idea re addon making - so I pop a panadol)
              anyway I move onto the 20.4 mb tutorial
Page 1:  Preparations and installing Visitor
1st thing I need is buldozer can get it from Breathe site.
I go to Breathe site - no buldozer ::)
(pop another panadol)... and the storey goes on.

Maybe this is a case of 'can't teach old dogs new tricks or horses for courses' but I will stay with WRP until Visitor is pollished up abit more.

Those that know - say nothing. Those that know nothing - tell all.

Waterman

« Reply #19 on: 20 Jul 2003, 15:29:53 »
Buldozer is under the bit called "Oxygen Viewer (UPDATED!)".
Click the link and download it from there... :)

Offline scud

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jul 2003, 10:30:27 »
Ok tried that but getting an err ' bad file size '

Any other sites I can grab O2 viewer from?
Those that know - say nothing. Those that know nothing - tell all.

1B1KSniper

« Reply #21 on: 24 Aug 2003, 19:39:26 »
I use Visitor for placing objects and WRP for everything else.