Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help!! Bin 2 Cpp tools need!!  (Read 2394 times)

iD_999

Help!! Bin 2 Cpp tools need!!
« on: 26 Aug 2003, 11:50:23 »
Hi everyone..

Does anyone know how to convert a .bin file to .cpp file ???
Is there any tools available that able me to do that????

Please help ...

thanks.... :-\

lt_poncho

Re:Help!! Bin 2 Cpp tools need!!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2003, 00:23:47 »
The OFP Manager tool available for download on this site in the Editors Depot seems to be the most reccomended one if you care to read 8-12 pages of threads back, else do a search and hope for the best.

It does require a 21mb .net environment download and installation prior to using it.

Be warned tho! It does not convert/decrypt all config.bin files as you would HOPE it would. I was trying to do something so monosyllabically simple like oh, CHANGE a freaking rifle for another rifle on an addon, god forbid, and it's been dissapointing to say the least. OFP Manager could properly VIEW and EXPORT only portions of the file.
If you take a simple UNPBO tool and UNPBO an addon, then dump the config.bin into a text editor - you'll see a lot that OFP Manager missed when you compare the two config.bin files. Hard to give the reason why.

The difference is editing this;
class CfgModels
{
   class Default
   {
   };
   class Man: Default
   {
   };
   class Rifleman: Man
   {
      sections[]= {"head injury","body injury","l arm injury","r arm injury","p arm injury","l leg injury","r leg injury","p leg injury","medic","hlava","krk","zasleh"};
      sectionsInherit="Head";
   };

Instead of this;
00 04 00 00 0A 00 01 10 00 ..etc etc etc

Just keep doing your homework and keep asking - you're bound to figure it out eventually. Irregardless of anything - nothing comes for free.

iD_999

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2003, 13:57:34 »
thanks u...
 ;D

but when I open the config.bin into the note pad ( text editor) the data in the config is all mess up.

E.g:
  raP    config.bin  . CfgExperience  access    destroyUnit  unit1  unit2  unit3  unit4 Ð      @
 È    ¡ Ã'  @B è  destroyEnemy       destroyFriendly ùÿÿÿ
destroyCivilian þÿÿÿ destroyYourUnit ÍÌL¾ renegadeLimit 0øÿÿ
playerKilled     commandCompleted     ranks

So there is no way to see  the whole config file ??

And is OPF Manager the only tool that allow me  to see the config.bin ?

thanks you ..

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2003, 14:08:42 by iD_999 »

lt_poncho

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2003, 16:47:14 »
Since the config.bin file is already binarized, id suggest a HEX editor program - there are plenty freeware out there. You've got to convert the .bin file to .cpp or some other format where you are able to edit it.

iD_999

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2003, 08:50:04 »
ok...
thank

i got it ... :P

thanks for u advice.

;D