Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New island released  (Read 825 times)

panzerfaust

New island released
« on: 30 Jul 2003, 14:48:53 »
 :oPZFAUST ISLAND 2.0 IS RELEASED YOU DOWNLOAD IT TO MY WEB SITE

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/panzerfaust/

IF you want i give to you by icq, because it is too large for mail
 ::)

Offline Phaeden

• Members
  • There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.
Re:New island released
« Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2003, 01:32:01 »
Excellent Island!

I just downloaded it and played it for a while, but I can say this is one of this best islands out there.  The amount of detail is amazing.  It is clear that you have taken the time needed to ensure that this is a quality addon and not another "Look at my sand and mountains" type of island.  Well done indeed!

Semper Fi
Semper Fi

Commando

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2003, 23:00:50 »
Yeah i agree, trully great work! I have made a small but fun manhunt mission on it all ready and me and my buddies had great time playing around with it.
I have started up some really serious projects on it now to  8)

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2003, 10:21:18 »
I have one question. Maybe some could enlighten me

1. - What is the point of creating an island that uses additional addons - surely what makes this island good is the fact that the addons used are of high quality - i think taht the Addon creator/s deserves at least a bit of the credit for the island.

What do u think ppl ?

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline Phaeden

• Members
  • There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2003, 07:29:13 »
I agree that the addon makers deserve recognition for their work in the readme of the island.  Both the addon and the island take considerable amounts of work (especially quality stuff).

As for why make an island that requires addons?  I feel that using the latest and greatest only add to the overall quality of an island.  It is true that an island maker could simply use original (default) textures and buildings, but I feel that even if the island is of high quality, people will not pay as much attention nor play it as much as if it had the newer models on the island.  I suppose an island maker could make his or her own buildings, etc. but that would require even more amounts of time and effort (as well as learing how to make them) - so I guess you have to balance it all and just do what you can.

Perhaps if BIS had released the original games with additional types of buildings, or allowed for custom texturization, it would be easier for island makers to create better islands without the use of other people's addons, but things as they are, I use and plan on continuing to use addons to enhance my island (much like panzerfaust has done.  
Semper Fi