Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Land Textures Color in WrpEdit? <SOLVED>  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Phaeden

• Members
  • There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.
Land Textures Color in WrpEdit? <SOLVED>
« on: 08 Aug 2003, 00:43:46 »
Greetings all,

I have been working on custom land textures for my island and I want to know if any of you know how to make it so that my textures have a different color or shade when viewed in WrpEdit?  For example, some of the older textures (default) have a different shade when viewed in WrpEdit when not using the "View Tetures" check-box.  I know I can see them when I select "View Textures," but I want to view the island overall to make sure I am placing things where they need to be.  If I keep it zoomed in so I view textures without really slowing the program down I can't get a feel for the entire island (which is massive).  So, again, does anyone know how to change the shade or color of a custom land texture so that it is visible in WrpEdit when not selecting "View Textures"??

I know this is one of the more esoteric questions, but I hope that at least one or two of you may know the answer for it would really help me in during final touches of my island.

Thanks and Semper Fi
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2003, 06:42:30 by Phaeden »
Semper Fi

Waterman

Re:Land Textures Color in WrpEdit? (Hard ?)
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2003, 13:09:47 »
Let me get this right... ::)

You want to keep the texture looking the same in game, but look different in WRPedit? Or are you meaning you want to edit the texture's colour completely? ???

Offline Phaeden

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Aug 2003, 23:08:50 »
I have made a set of textures that work in WrpEdit and in the game.  What I would like to do is make it so that the textures, when viewed in WrpEdit, appear as a shade of gray if I have not selected the "View Textures" button.

As they are now, all of my textures are white when viewed in WrpEdit.  I know that with some of the older default textures show as gray (grey) - this is what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks
Semper Fi

Waterman

« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2003, 13:13:57 »
I think I know what you mean now...
I recently made some new runway textures for a island Im making, and they appear as blue I think... so if Im following you, you want to make yours appear grey (when "View textures" isn't selected).

When I put my textures in WRPedit, they were blue by default I think, because thats the colour WRPedit assigns runway or "rw" textures.  So I assume that WRPedit is assigning your textures a colour by some default or something... ???

I wouldn't know what to do to change that or even if that was possible. ???

Maybe someone like Planck or someone more experienced to help you... Sorry. :(

Waterman. :)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2003, 14:07:12 »
Phaeden,

On the Surfaces Tab in WrpEdit, at the top, there are, as you probably know, 2 checkboxes, Flags and Preview.

The Preview checkbox only becomes active once a certain level of zoom has been reached, then you can preniew the textures.
However, you already know this.

The Flags checkbox gives you a greyscale representation of the textures instead of the colours you get if neither checkbox is selected.

It is possible to switch the greyscale representation off for ANY particular texture.

If you select a texture from the texture list then right click it in the list, you will get a menu thus;

Add
Refresh
-----------
Colored
Not Colored
-----------
Remove unused
Remove duplicates

If the texture is represented by a greyscale, selecting 'Not colored' will switch this off.
Colored will of course reverse this and switch it on again.

You can, for instance, have all textures but one invisible using this method.
So you can see the texture you are working on at the moment.

I know this is the case for the original textures, but you will need to try it with any custom textures you are using.

I'm not sure how many levels of greyscale are supported, but I would be pessimistic and say 16.

Hope this is what you were after.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Phaeden

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 10 Aug 2003, 01:03:15 »
Perfect!  Thank you gentlemen - your answers have solved my problem.

This is one of the great things about the ofp community.

Thanks again!
Semper Fi