Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: General .cpp questions.  (Read 1148 times)

Baphomet

General .cpp questions.
« on: 21 Jun 2003, 18:07:55 »
Can anyone tell me the distinct purpose of declaring something in cfgmodels in a .cpp file? Is it necessary when you're not even using a new model? What should the name of the declaration be or can it be anything?

Secondly what is the purpose of declaring something under cfgnonaivehicles?
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2003, 18:15:29 by Baphomet »

qwertyuio

Re:General .cpp questions.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2003, 16:20:25 »
I don't think there is a point of declaring something under cfgmodels, when I tried it worked with and without.

As for nonai vehicles... don't quote me on this but i think it's something to do with multi=player games, but not sure.  ???

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2003, 21:27:44 »
I think its main purpose is to define texture selections and model sections.

andersgrim

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2003, 15:01:49 »
If you want to binarize your model, a CfgModel part of the config is required  ;)

MJHergenroder

« Reply #4 on: 07 Aug 2003, 19:33:38 »
the Cfgmodels is a list of p3d files without the p3d extension.  It also contains hidden selections (sub meshes that can be toggled transparent thru scripting) if present.  In addition to the bin issue, if some of the p3d's aren't posted here, you can end up with the infamous muzzle flash bug.  The bin issue can be important; after replacing many of the default units I now have a weird hand gun bug, where if you pull out your hand gun, you can't move and when you fire the hand gun, your proxied primary weapon fires instead.  Binarizing it is suppose to fix this.  Missing CfgModels means you can't biniarize it.

gundam007

« Reply #5 on: 07 Aug 2003, 20:33:31 »
I have a cfg models for my hand gun, and  I still have the muzzle flash bug. I defined zasleh and zbran. Can someone tell me if anything is wrong with this?? as a matter of fact, none of my defined o2 sections are working

Code: [Select]
{
   class Default {};
   class Weapon: Default{};
   class ganglock: Weapon{};
};

« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2003, 21:28:48 by gundam007 »